Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

1Ds problems can anyone help?

park my ferret 17 1.0k United Kingdom
23 Apr 2004 10:04AM
Got it yesterday but....I tried to zoom in on viewfinder image, but I can't change the personal function setting to allow me to do it. does anyone know how?
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Apr 2004 10:42AM
Paul,
You need to set this function through your PC and set Personal Function - 30 to on. It needs to be 'ON' at the time off shooting.
Then when reviewing, hold down display button and press the zoom button (left one of the three below your top LCD panel.)
tim franklin 17 2.7k
23 Apr 2004 12:29PM
Correct. A daft way to set this v. important tool, but there you go. Chalk it up alongside multiple button presses and wheel scrolls to get mirror lock-up in the "could do better" stakes!
23 Apr 2004 6:49PM
cheers ill try it out.
24 Apr 2004 9:45AM
well ... I was gonna try it but the firewire port on my laptop is smaller than the one that came with the camera ??? I'm confused - is there an adapter I wonder? this is so annoying!

also - , the results from a studio shoot were a bit dissapointing colour wise - not as warm as my 10d.
does anyone have any tips on custom settings to help rectify this?
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
24 Apr 2004 10:24AM
Paul,
Have you set the colour parameters 1 to 5. Each setting refers to the way that the shot will be used and for instance, one is used to produce better skin tones, while another is used for photo's that will be used exlcusively for web (sRGB). In a studio setting you need to be working in RAW and use Capture One Software; this will make ALL the difference.
All Firewire sockets are 1394 standard. Bit of a mystery that one.
tim franklin 17 2.7k
24 Apr 2004 5:06PM
All Firewire sockets are 1394 standard.

True, but are not some six pin (IIRC if they draw power from the item they're plugged into) and others (mainly in PC laptops) only 4 pin, or something like that?
24 Apr 2004 7:12PM
yes it is sorted - my laptop had the 4 pin (smaller version)so I got a 6 to 4 adapter from maplins for a fiver and it works.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.