365 Photobook

25 Oct 2018 10:45PM
Having completed a “365” project a couple of years ago, I’d like to create a hardback, “coffee table” book of the images.

I guess this would involve a book of about 185+ pages...with comments attached to the photos..probably at “A4” size.

Any recommendations for a company who could do this.?

Cost is not a major option, quality is..!

cheers, Kevin.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbo Plus
9 1.4k 3 England
26 Oct 2018 7:16AM
Hi, Kevin,

An ex pro photographer pal of mine and myself use ...BLURB....to produce our coffee table books, the production and print quality is excellent as long as you supply them with high quality imaged to their criteria.

Mono photographs look particularly good...... you can choose softback or hardback....I personally prefer the more durable and better looking hardback.

There is a choice of sizes to suit your photographic style and orientation.... Blurb software is easy to learn and to use too.

Vista-Print offer similar services too, but I haven’t seen or handled a book produced by them.

I do recommend highly that you study book design and layout of photographs together with text, because it is far too easy to over complicate things....simple and less are best.

I suggest too that a search of Youtube with reference to Blurb and VistaPrint to look at videos of books being produced would be a good idea.

Cost depends upon size and number of pages.....

Hobbo

hobbo Plus
9 1.4k 3 England
26 Oct 2018 7:53AM
Here you go Kevin....

https://youtu.be/W_V29USs50g

You will almost certainly find other tutorials for alternative book producers....

Hobbo
26 Oct 2018 10:05AM
Ahaa.. thanks for your help..! I'll have a look at that this evening..Smile

Quote:it is far too easy to over complicate things....simple and less are best.

Agreed...! suits me fine...
Dave_Canon Plus
13 1.6k United Kingdom
26 Oct 2018 12:06PM
I have used Blurb for a similar 80 page hard back large book. I used the facility in Lightroom for producing the book which was fine. However, a club member said he thought that the Blurb software was easier to use. If you already use Lightroom Classic 2018, you may find this easier or else just download the Blurb software.

Dave
26 Oct 2018 7:42PM
Thanks also Dave, not a lightroom user so looks like another vote for the blurb route..cheers..!
K.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.