Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

450D vs 500D - Need advice please

_Helena_ 14 596 1 United States
11 Feb 2010 6:56AM
Thanks DrGrafenberg. I've already got a pretty nice macro lens.. Tamron 90mm love it to death!

And what I think I'm going to do is wait for the 550 to become available here. It's got what I'm looking for specifically - the 5 stop bracketing. I really enjoy taking bracketed shots before I set my exposure for a couple reasons.. 1. I like to play with hdr when I have spare time and 2. It helps me adjust for the correct exposure.. I've never been very good at choosing the right setting so I learn by experimenting. Loads of fun and I get extra pictures to manipulate when I'm bored so it's a 'win' all around.

I'm actually surprised that Canon hasn't offered this feature until now in their median DSLR's.. Nikon has had it for ages in theirs. Booo Canon, but at least they're getting it right now Smile
JamesGarfield 12 915 4 United Kingdom
11 Feb 2010 6:19PM
If you're not interested in video then go for the 450, I have a 450, I'm now upgrading to full frame, (450 is on Ebay right now). The 450 is a great camera.
glsammy 14 209 1 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2010 8:23PM

Quote:If you're not interested in video then go for the 450, I have a 450, I'm now upgrading to full frame, (450 is on Ebay right now). The 450 is a great camera.

It certainly is.
One site I saw did a review comparing images taken with the new 7D and the 450D. The tester preferred the 450D shots.
SKETCHER68 13 4 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2010 10:46PM
I use the 450d, i cant fault it, fit in the hand nicely,easy to use. button in the right place.
Great photo's Raw and jpg formate.
i would'nt buy a Dslr with video caperbility, but thats me.
i prefer haveing a sepperate camera and camcorders. RB
MikeyC38 12 1 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2010 11:36PM
Hi Helena
If you don't need video, then buy the 450d and spend the money saved on some decent lenses and high speed SD memory cards e.g Sandisk Extreme III 4GB). The 450D is good enough for most situations and decent lenses (i.e. L series) really do get the best out of the camera. I have one and I like it but it is a tad small for me. If I had the extra cash I would have gone for the 40D (faster autofocussing speed esp. for sports work)
Hope this helps

Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.