Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

5D mk 2 firmware update coming

User_Removed 11 1.4k England
3 Jun 2009 12:45AM

Quote:If you want the source file you just download it.

It is still only a 720p file that you obtain.

The problem is you could:
Use an entirely different file architecture. Something that can have larger than 4GB filesize and allows creation/read/mod timestamps.

or do as you suggested and "seemlessly" link the files - which would create numerous problems when a read obtains two allocated 4GB files witch share the same clusters.

Isn't it much easier just to film one file, and then then start filming again after 12minutes? - I believe this is the decision that was made at canon.
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
3 Jun 2009 12:50AM

Quote:It is still only a 720p file that you obtain.

Nope. If you upload a 1080 file that's what you can download - even though Vimeo converts it to 720 for viewing in its viewer.

We've had this discussion before on EPZ, and I had to upload a 1080 file to Vimeo just to prove it to the unbelievers. Lol! Grin
3 Jun 2009 1:00AM

Quote:We've had this discussion before on EPZ, and I had to upload a 1080 file to Vimeo just to prove it to the unbelievers. Lol!

I only ever get 1280x720's Sad !... Awesome that they do offer the 1080 sources! Will have to find some. Smile

Canon should really introduce more customisable settings for the video recording; particularly the settings for the downsampling from the CMOS. These kinds of power user settings are very lacking in the 5DmkII on video mode - They give you a WB SHIFT/BKT grid for stills but not downsampling options for video... Sad But I can understand if they do not want to merge too far into XLH1 territory. (Fantastic camcorder btw.)
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
3 Jun 2009 1:17AM

Quote:I only ever get 1280x720's

Try this one . Just chosen at random - not on the basis of any merit.

You do, of course, have to log in to Vimeo before you can download a source file (as opposed to the Vimeo-rendered one).
3 Jun 2009 1:29AM

Quote: Try this one. Just chosen at random - not on the basis of any merit.

You do, of course, have to log in to Vimeo before you can download a source file (as opposed to the Vimeo-rendered one).

I got a full 1080 on that one! Smile Guess I only ever downloaded 720's before. Thanks!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.