Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

5d mkii or 5d mkiii?

strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2012 5:50PM
Hey Cole I am with you. The price should be the same before tax, then local taxes should apply. So if local tax is 5% then UK items would be 15% more. It gets confused as sometimes they try and fix currencies at set exchanges, now over time it should average out but they hedge so of course there is another profit level in that. Then you get local competition situations.

I have noticed that over time it levels out (Ebay from HK price V's UK) so that the with VAT level ends up the same. But on new fresh items in high demand the UK price can be tearful. So when I look at say a 7D it looks to be just as low cost to buy in the UK (including VAT on import)
User_Removed 9 112 Wales
18 Jun 2012 10:02PM
I have a Mk2 and love it but I am considering upgrading my old Mk1 to a 3 next year when (wedding) funds allow - that said, a 7D2 FF would be nice!
22 Jun 2012 12:47PM
I have a 5d mk2 and a mk3. They are both fantastic cameras and either would do the job very well. I havent used a 7d so I cant comment on the AF. I can say that the main differences between the 5d's is build quality, AF and the sound of the shutter. The build on the mk3 is noticeably better and feels a lot more like the 1d series (ive owned a 1ds mk2 and a 1d mk3) The AF in low light is chalk and cheese between the mk2 and mk3. The mk3 is so much better is low light situations such as dark churches or first dances. The silent shutter on the mk3 is very usefull in churches and is very quiet, overall the sound of the shutter is entirely different which always suprises me.
As you may be able to tell I use mine for wedding photography so the extra low light performance of the mk3 is a big benifit to me, not that the mk2 doesnt handle noise exceptionaly well.
For the difference in the price im not sure you could justify the mk2 against the mk3, but then again its the same thing with the Apple iphone 4 and 4s but they still them by the bucketfull.
Simon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.