WEX Deal: Save 500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

7DayShop.com

phil_1975 16 165 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2005 7:02AM
But then there are an awful lot of websites out there that don't tell you their stock levels. It's a risk you take buying online. Whilst it's convenient and maybe cheaper there is always the worry that they may not have any in stock and how long will delivery etc take. Even where stock levels are indicated I only treat them as a very rough guideline.

If it's a big deal then only buy online from those that indicate stock levels or just ring your order through in the first place and cut out buying online. As another point if it really is a big issue then why don't you make the suggestion to Warehouse Express that they include stock levels on their website.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
1 Sep 2005 7:43AM
I can understand why Suppliers do not wish to reveal their stock levels. It gives a clue as to their buying power.

7DayShop say 'Lots in Stock' (which may not apply to their Canon stock in future).

If your competitor has 7 items in stock and you have 107 there is not much temptation to undercut him and vice versa.

He is probably going to have to buy again soon and may pay an increased price for his batch - depending on quantities.

Hence we get these stock level indications from some internet suppliers of '7 in stock, 1000 in warehouse'.

Which may, or not be true!

jas
keithh 16 25.6k 33 Wallis And Futuna
1 Sep 2005 7:45AM
Doesn't buying by telephone rather negate the ability to buy online? Of course it does, but you get the same result.
Wink
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
1 Sep 2005 8:01AM
Many internet suppliers do not offer a telephone sales line - online buying only.

And an email form only for contacting them.

Also, if you do buy by telephone you may not have a written record of the deal, as you would by making a print of the internet forms you complete at the time.

You do, don't you?

jas
peterjones 18 5.0k 1 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2005 8:11AM
As in everything: "Caveat Emptor" - let the buyer beware !

Whether online or via the phone I buy from those whom I trust and 7day shop is not one of them.

Peter.
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
2 Sep 2005 1:49AM
Well, got my adapter ring this morning from W/Express.

Our receptionist, my wife, other tenants in the same centre are all wondering why I'm so excited over a bit of plastic tubing!

;o)

Ashley
strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2005 1:53AM
No Comment Smile
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
2 Sep 2005 2:04AM
Can't wait to get home, screw it on and away I go!

:o)

Ashley
conrad 15 10.9k 116
2 Sep 2005 2:06AM

Quote:screw it

Now, Ashley, mind your language! Wink

Conrad
strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2005 2:12AM
The picture of Ashley screwing his ring is not one I wanted. Gone off my crisps now. ;-(
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
2 Sep 2005 3:21AM
At least I'll be able to use my magnifying lens again!

Ashley

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.