The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

A check to see if your photos have been used without your knowledge.

mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2012 8:56AM
Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SandraKay Plus
12 233 4 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2012 1:25PM

Quote:Thank you Cattyal, sort of explains things, except why I have images with the double question mark. But each one I check with said double question mark has not come up with anything that matches, so I am wondering why it has the double question mark?

Yes, I'm wondering that too. Several of my images come up with the double question marks which when clicked show 'visually similar images' but why only these ones?

It's a useful tool though. I've discovered two of my photos which I entered into comps (but didn't win) are being used in promotions. One is in the 'Explore Gloucestershire Guide' and the other is on the 'Within Warwickshire' website. All perfectly legal as this is within the terms and conditions of the competitions but it's interesting to know that they're actually being used.

On the other hand, one pic which came third in another competition & is displayed on their website didn't come up at all.
thewilliam 11 6.1k
18 Jul 2012 4:40PM
While on the subject of competitions, do check that the T&Cs don't transfer any rights to the organiser. In many cases, this has included the right to sell or licence the image without compensation to the originator.
adyj 11 30 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2012 8:33PM
This is a great web application. However, I had problems scanning my web pages. Only tagging a few images in one go, I had to select (zoom) each image individually to get it to work. Could it be because my site uses PHP, a server side language? Will give that other tool ago and see if any different.

Works brilliantly on Alamy though. Already found three instances of un-invoiced images, one by a national tabloid last October!

A big thanks for a great link Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.