Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

A complaint about competitions

A_Harrison 15 261 Canada
4 May 2005 2:27AM
Maybe that should be up to the sponsor in question.Still great copy for them.

Allan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb 14 27.1k 38 Switzerland
4 May 2005 2:31AM
Ian,

If sponsors are happy to forward to a UK address, then that's probably the best we overseas subscribers can hope for and I, for one, am happy with that.

My point about this rule appearing to be standard refers to a point made further up the thread where it was mentioned that the rule was in place for the current 'Lines' comp before a prize or a sponsor had been announced. This could, of course, have been merely an oversight.
digicammad 16 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
4 May 2005 2:35AM
I don't think it was an oversight Julian. If you read Pete's original reply he said that the standard rules were copied & pasted into the new comps and then modified as and when the sponsors have agreed the terms.

Pete obviously takes the sensible view that it is better to give rather than take away. I am sure there would be howls of protest if a competition which originally said the prize could be won by overseas entrants was subsequently changed so the prize was only available to UK residents.

Ian
dani2 15 45
8 May 2005 6:13AM
Not sure if it's been said before so if it has sorry. If you don't live in Uk but have got relatives there is it ok to have the prize sent to them?

Dani
conrad 15 10.9k 116
8 May 2005 8:12AM
Has indeed been asked and answered before - short answer: yes.

Conrad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.