A different challenge

Strobe 12 1.3k United States
16 Jun 2009 1:28PM
Yesterdays question from Pete regarding the bus’s direction got me thinking

I enjoy doing challenges and was thinking of the following format, which is slightly different to the way they are done on EPZ. There will be no prizes, no winner just a fun weekly project, these are my thoughts

Friday morning a thread is started in the Forum section with that weeks challenge example “travelling this week”. The photo has to be taken that week, although we are unable to check, people are going to have to be trusted.

The images are uploaded to EPZ the following Friday, one per person and no variants, this will be different to eg. MNC (besides been on a Friday) as the images will not be loaded as a modification. To filter all the images loaded for that challenge we can come up with a search tag for every challenge, eg “travelling this week” on Friday 25th June can be “trav0609” and we can still add other tags

In this way it will be fun, we can still add comments / critic to the images and we can discuss the issues, triumphs and problems we experienced that week with the challenge in the forum. Key to this will be it is fun, there is no winner and if everything is loaded on the allocated day apposed to drip feeding during the week, I feel this could create a buzz on the site on a Friday.

If successful this can be done weekly

Any thoughts? Only positive please Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
16 Jun 2009 1:37PM
Like the idea...is there any reason why you wouldn't want to add the entries as a modification...that way they are all together and no need to tag them with special tags...and members don't lose their normally daily upload in doing so. Or I may have missed a benefit to doing it as individual entries? Alternatively it could be set up in the Challenge gallery?
16 Jun 2009 1:40PM

Quote:Like the idea...is there any reason why you wouldn't want to add the entries as a modification

I feel Mods lack punch, I guess mods would work providing people only load one image

Quote: Alternatively it could be set up in the Challenge gallery?
Sounds good
rowarrior 12 4.4k 9 Scotland
16 Jun 2009 1:41PM
That could work, would probably have to go up on a Friday morning so that people going away for the weekend could catch it
16 Jun 2009 1:42PM

Quote:That could work, would probably have to go up on a Friday morning so that people going away for the weekend could catch it
it can be any day perhaps a Wednesday
crookymonsta Plus
12 842 10 England
16 Jun 2009 2:19PM
Like the idea but agree that it would be preferable to use mods or the challenge gallery. Midweek would be good as it catches anyone going for a long weekend.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.