A real anti drink drive film

sidaorb 14 3.9k 2 England
5 Dec 2010 3:24PM
WARNING - DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF EASILY SHOCKED OR UPSET

Just been sent a link to this

Quite possibly the most powerful anti drink drive video I have ever seen, really thought provoking images and what a soundtrack.

This should be on primetime TV every day between now and Christmas, I know its not just a Christmas problem, but anything to try and reduce the deaths would be good.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arnieg 16 704 England
5 Dec 2010 3:39PM
very powerful add
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
5 Dec 2010 3:54PM

Quote:This should be on primetime TV every day between now and Christmas

Amen - it won't happen though I suspect...

(You're not a 'Mod' anymore Carl... Sad)
chase Plus
14 1.7k 420 England
5 Dec 2010 4:24PM

One of the most powerful things on drink-drive I have seen...ever...I agree with the above.
chris.maddock 19 3.7k United Kingdom
5 Dec 2010 4:32PM
Very powerful indeed - but it's way too long, I fear, to have a real effect if it were on every day.
Unless someone has chosen to watch it (by looking from this thread, for example) I fear all too many people would just turn off mentally, go and put the kettle on, visit the littlest room, etc.
Jestertheclown 11 8.2k 253 England
5 Dec 2010 4:38PM

Agreed.

Will it make any difference?

I'd like to think so but I have reservations.
5 Dec 2010 4:45PM
Agree with all above, heed the warning given by sidaorb, immensely powerful.
David
DaveU 14 1.4k 125 England
5 Dec 2010 4:48PM
I found it too long too ....... I was bored before the rather graphic "punch line".

Had it been on telly I'd have switched channels or fast-forwarded it.

Most people have an attention span way below this threshold.
BigRick 14 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2010 4:49PM

Quote:WARNING - DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF EASILY SHOCKED OR UPSET
Just been sent a link to this

Quite possibly the most powerful anti drink drive video I have ever seen, really thought provoking images and what a soundtrack.

This should be on primetime TV every day between now and Christmas, I know its not just a Christmas problem, but anything to try and reduce the deaths would be good.

is that not the point?? there might be people on here that need to see this type of advert too....

If more things like this were shown, then it might actualy make people think twice about drinking etc and driving.... If i had my way every car would have a big spike in the middle of the wheel.... people would actualy think about driving carfully then, as if they knew they would be impailed if they crashed, they may think about the results of their actions more.

consideration towards others is almost non exsitient these days, including peoples atitudes towards driving and having an accident... "Its OK, the insurance will cover it" instead of "I best be careful when driving today, as i could ruin someones day, or worse, life."

sorry.... rant over.
ChuckBrix 14 127 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2010 5:08PM
My son lives in Melbourne Victoria. I would like to think that this shocks every driver in Victoria and in Australia to think about their family and friends and what they destroy as a rsult of their actions.

It is just a pity that here in the UK we are so terrified of upsetting folk that this hard hitting message would be watered down.

Will we ever have the courage to come down very very hard on those who put our lives in danger.

This is one message that is not UK Government nanny state interference.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
5 Dec 2010 7:01PM

Quote:I found it too long too ....... I was bored before the rather graphic "punch line".

Agree with Dave, its a tad long Sad
ChuckBrix 14 127 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2010 7:13PM
To DaveU and Paul Morgan. Please examine your thoughts on this matter.

To freely say 'I am bored' with the concept of trying to get folk to realise that getting in a car after drinking copious amounts of booze and killing your daughter or your son or your mother or your sister or your work colleague, well it must make anyone question your values of life.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
5 Dec 2010 7:19PM
No I`m not bored, just being realistic, the punch line needs to be in in the first 90 seconds.
MrGoatsmilk 12 1.5k England
5 Dec 2010 8:41PM
Yes it is long, however even if you don't watch it all, just as we all here are doing right now you speak to friends and family about, so not only does it make people think and talk about it but in turn will get people to think, I will watch the rest of that now I have heard about it. Even seeing and hearing other peoples reactions to it may make some people think before they drink without even seeing it.

But in my experience most drink drivers and drug drivers are a very selfish bunch who could not care less and do it all the time throughout the year.
kokobrown 16 1.9k Scotland
5 Dec 2010 10:14PM
I cannot abide drink drivers. On the day we moved to London we were driving and some silly cow found herself up a grass verge and nearly into me. I got the hubby to call the police and we had to delay our move as they wanted an official statement from us, they took it very seriously. Turns out she was 6 times over the limit, 6 TIMES?!?!

My brother called me a "grass" but I really couldnt care! I couldnt have lived with myself if I had turned the corner and she had hit a pedestrian or something!

Stupid cow.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.