PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

A real anti drink drive film

User_Removed 11 1.4k England
7 Dec 2010 11:04PM
In France they have the "captain sam" project throughout the populace centres at clubs, bars etc.

Designated drivers hand in keys at the door, get free soft drinks all night and then are breathalysed before getting keys back.

Works a treat.

But you know, in the UK. A pint is cheaper than a coke.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rhody 17 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2010 4:35AM
@Swwils - what a superb idea the "Captain Sam" project is - thanks for posting this information.

Who could possibly object to such a scheme being implemented here? Simple and effective and easy to control. A great starting point for a change in the way we view drink driving issues.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
8 Dec 2010 5:43PM

Quote:@Swwils - what a superb idea the "Captain Sam" project is - thanks for posting this information

There have been similar projects here in the UK.
rhody 17 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2010 8:19PM
@Paul Morgan - I wish they had more support then Paul.

I have Zero tolerance with people who drink then get behind the wheel.

Perhaps they need to offer a reward for shopping people to the police who drive whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

The reward could be based on how far over the legal limit the drivers are when they are caught.

If the person you report is involved in any Road Traffic Accident the reward is doubled and if anyone is injured the reward is quadrupled. Wink
thewilliam 12 6.1k
9 Dec 2010 11:27AM
There's a real danger whenever laws don't have an element of reasonableness built it and that's when the jobs-worth element can do their worst.

We've seen it with the waste regulations where a householder gets fined a 4 figure sum for putting the dust-bin out a day early.

We've seen it with the anti-terrorist laws - over 100,000 people stopped or arrested and not even one charged. Walter wolfgang arrested for heckling at a Labour Party Conference.

There needs to be a limit because the human body does make its own alcohol, in small amounts, under certain metabolic conditions. Drink-drivers who cause injury or worse always seem to be a long way over the limit.

What we really need is the certainty of being caught and harsh penalties for those who are.
cheddar-caveman 17 1.2k England
9 Dec 2010 4:23PM

Quote:@Swwils - what a superb idea the "Captain Sam" project is - thanks for posting this information.

Who could possibly object to such a scheme being implemented here? Simple and effective and easy to control. A great starting point for a change in the way we view drink driving issues.

I believe there are pubs in Somerset area that ARE offering free rinks for drivers! The A&S police are running a "no holds barred" drink drive campagne as well so I just hope people heed the warnings!

That was a very powerful add but, as has been said, a bit too long.
dcash29 14 2.4k England
9 Dec 2010 7:50PM

Quote:This should be on primetime TV every day between now and Christmas

Why on earth should i be subjected to a horrific ads?

Its about time driving and smoking was banned

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.