Get An Extra 20% Off Regatta New Season Arrivals

A True Story but beware.......

Tonyd3 17 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
15 May 2009 10:32AM
This is a true story:

A woman was working in a post office in California.

One day she licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That very day the lady found a cut on her tongue. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue.
She went to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong. Her tongue was not sore or anything.

A couple of days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat. She went back to the hospital, and demanded something be done. The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a lump. He prepared her for minor surgery. When the doctor cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out!!!!

There were cockroach eggs on the seal of the envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue, because of her saliva. It was warm and moist.

This is a true story reported on CNN Andy Hume wrote: Hey, I used to work in an envelope factory. You wouldn't believe the things that float around in those gum applicator trays. I haven't licked an envelope for years!"

I used to work for a print shop (32 years ago) and we were told NEVER to lick the envelopes. I never understood why until I had to go into storage and pull out 2500 envelopes that were already printed and saw several squads of cockroaches roaming around inside a couple of boxes with eggs everywhere. They eat the glue on the envelopes.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON, TO YOUR FRIENDS. After reading this you will never lick another envelope or stamp again
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
15 May 2009 10:34AM
very old story this, Tony.
Tonyd3 17 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
15 May 2009 10:38AM
Try this one then it more up to date

The hair cut

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The cop is happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The professor is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen different books, such as 'How to Improve Your Business' and 'Becoming More Successful.'

Then, a Member of Parliament comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Parliament is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the Members of Parliament.
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
15 May 2009 10:42AM
Now that I can believe. Wink
pcheywood 16 1.3k England
15 May 2009 10:46AM
I reckon that the MP would of asked for a blank receipt that could be self filled. ;(
bill777 18 661 1 United Kingdom
15 May 2009 1:05PM
Yep, the old urban legend ploy!!

Funny though.

Bill
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
15 May 2009 2:25PM

Quote:And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the Members of Parliament

And why you should never feed wild mice!!! Wink

Edit: Or open a bottle on epz! Wink
MikeRC 16 3.6k United Kingdom
15 May 2009 4:33PM
True or not....I'm never again 'gonna lick an envelope :

.....Mike
16 May 2009 10:02PM
Looks like it's got you licked.........LOL! Wink
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
16 May 2009 11:03PM
Hehe that's an old story Smile

I once fell asleep in a lounger under and apple tree during a wedding reception a little worse for wear and an earwig crawled in my ear.

Since the groom was the only person left sober he drove me the twenty odd miles to casualty. I ending up in needing surgery to have it removed. Smile
17 May 2009 12:56AM
And the surgeon said "Earwig go again!" LOL

Nite all! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.