Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Account link has disappeared on Warehouse Express

8 Jun 2010 11:01PM
There was, up until yesterday, a link to the account page on WE where you could track your order. This has today disappeared. I have had a Giottos tripod and head on back order for 3 weeks now which, when I rung them, they said would be in by early June. I'm now worrying if they might have some problems. Anyone else had nay problems with them?
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Jun 2010 12:11AM
Warehouse Express is solid as a rock, They may be having site problems, But they are certainly still in business.

We paid them a visit a week or 2 back, If I where you I would give them a ring in the morning.....Smile

Wink
cambirder 17 7.2k England
9 Jun 2010 1:39AM
There seems to be a bit of a shortage of Giottos tripods at the moment, took me ages to lay my hands on my new CF one, so I expect its a combination of this and a glitch on the W/E system.
9 Jun 2010 8:41PM
I received an email from their eCommerce & Marketing Director today explaining that they are experiencing order problems with Giottos at the moment and that the absent account link is due to a web upgrade. No problems then and I'm impressed at the response. Credit where its due.
cats_123 Plus
17 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
10 Jun 2010 10:23AM
wonder if I'm being `phished'? have had 2 emails on separate days with different passwords...not buying anyway, but feels wrong..has anyone else experienced this?

Quote:Warehouse Express take your security and privacy seriously. We are upgrading website security and have reset your password for www.warehouseexpress.com.

10 Jun 2010 10:29AM

Quote:has anyone else experienced this?
yes, had one at work this morning.
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
10 Jun 2010 10:32AM
I have had an email from WE saying my password has changed as well.
Very strange.
10 Jun 2010 10:36AM
I got the same email about password,
Adrian
User_Removed 14 2.1k 7 England
10 Jun 2010 10:39AM
It doesn't sound right I have to say. Resetting your password. Why? Unless they have had a breach and passwords were compromised. Have you tried logging in using your normal password? I would call them and ask if itís real.
JamesGarfield 12 915 4 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2010 10:43AM

Quote:I have had an email from WE saying my password has changed as well

I had this email as well which suggests that either their security has been compromised or they have had some IT issues.

Quote:I would call them and ask if itís real

Good advice.
10 Jun 2010 10:44AM
I have contacted them asking them to confirm the change in password came from them; as I use them quite often I was also suspicious. I will update you if I get a reply,
Adrian
cats_123 Plus
17 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
10 Jun 2010 10:53AM

Quote:I would call them and ask if itís real.

was going to email them but like many `call centre' style contact areas they don't seem interested in just being contacted...too many hoops to get through Sad

as I said, I'm not buying at the moment anyway...but don't like unusual emails

Quote:I have contacted them asking them to confirm the change in password came from them; as I use them quite often I was also suspicious. I will update you if I get a reply

that's very kind of you Smile
User_Removed 14 2.1k 7 England
10 Jun 2010 11:45AM
Can I suggest that you don't simply reply to the received email asking if it's real but contact WE on the phone and talk to someone. If they have been compromised then I would check your credit card statements too.
Leo 19 48 9 England
10 Jun 2010 1:16PM
I checked the header of the message I received and it "appears" to emanate from "domain of customerinfo@warehouseexpress.com" but then it would, wouldn't it, if an expert scammer/phisher was involved?
The advice above seems sound, if anyone IS anxious to trade on the net with them Smile
10 Jun 2010 1:40PM
just been to 'live chat' on the WE website, they say they have been sending out emails due to a major server upgrade.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.