Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Acrylic Printing

gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2006 7:26AM
I'm very interested to know how this is done? I've seen some stunning work done in this format on the web and want to find out more. The costs are high, but the finished product looks stunning.

If someone could point me in the right direct so that I can find out more about this sort of production that would be great.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
14 Sep 2006 7:54AM
If you spell acrylic correctly and do a search on google you'll find loads of stuff! Wink Photoartistry, who do the canvas POTW here, do an acrylic sandwich type print , but as you say, they don't come cheap.
Where I have my mounts done, they have quite a few acrylics hanging up, and you can sort of see through them, see the wall behind. They are fastened by four large chrome flat headed "screws", they definitely look different! But expensive!
FatHandedChap 15 1.3k England
14 Sep 2006 8:15AM
Leach Colour do them in a good range. Peak Imaging also do them in a smaller range.

I'm looking at getting some done myself to add to my product range. I'm going to try Leach first, even though Peak are my usual lab of choice.

Tony
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
14 Sep 2006 8:33AM
The acrylics on the Leach site look just like the ones I was describing. You can see the chrome fastenings I described so badly!
gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2006 9:22AM
It is is spelt correctly, the crux is that I want to learn how it is produce so that I can see whats involved.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
14 Sep 2006 9:52AM

Quote:It is is spelt correctly,

It is now! Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.