Adam Burton Wanderlust POY

smourt 15 80
26 Feb 2007 3:47PM
Sad that Adam Burton no longer uploads here. Everybody, including the "PROS" can learn from good photography. Pity that some jealousy and bad mouthing caused him to leave......

Congratulations Adam. Hope you see this and decide to post a few every now and again.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Doclassie 14 1.1k England
26 Feb 2007 4:02PM
He's left??

Massive shame. Always been a big fan of his work. He's one of the best on here. Pity some people chose to get jealous instead of inspired by other's abilities.
cazzbella 12 8
26 Feb 2007 4:05PM
His website is fab', saw his recent exhibition at Southampton
chrisco 14 59 3 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2007 4:09PM
Agree,great photographer,he'll be sadly missed (by some of us it would seem!)
MikeH 14 217 4 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2007 4:24PM
I always had great enjoyment from his images and picked up a lot about composition. Don't know why he isn't posting but I will continue to view his website.
Mike
pennyspike 16 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2007 4:43PM
If you're still reading this Adam I'm really pleased for you. It was an easy winner in that category. I won a year or two back and it was a fabulous experience, better than I could have ever imagined.
Very interesting that the Pros didn't even manage a winning portfolio.
I hope now you've had a break that you will come back to epz. There are plenty of us here that would enjoy seeing your images again.
Perhaps someone who know him could let him know about the thread.
Penny
mdpontin 15 6.0k Scotland
26 Feb 2007 4:51PM

Quote:Pity some people chose to get jealous instead of inspired by other's abilities.

Is that what happened? Jealous of what exactly? There's no doubting Adam's talent, but jealousy seems like a strange reaction.

Edit: probably shouldn't have asked, but still...

Doug
Boyd 16 11.2k 11 Wales
26 Feb 2007 5:31PM

Quote:probably shouldn't have asked, but still...

Glad you asked because I'm intrigued too.
I can't for the life of me find any instances of jealousy merely a disagreement about 'original' composition.

BTW if the title doesn't make it clear here are the results .
Well done Adam.
Kris_Dutson 17 8.2k 1 England
26 Feb 2007 5:55PM
Well done Adam. Smile

I also look forward to your portfolio on my county in next month's Photography Monthly.
SandyMiller 13 932 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2007 6:06PM
Fabulous pic - worthy winner
Nickscape 13 708 9 England
26 Feb 2007 6:27PM
How about we set up the 'Bring back Adam Burton' Club ? I seriously miss his contribution to this site, but have managed to track him down to another site so i can gain from his work that way!
culturedcanvas 14 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2007 6:30PM
Yep - he's good tog .. does some nice stuff ...

D
Camairish 14 1.4k Scotland
26 Feb 2007 11:10PM
I'll add my support too - congratulations. Keep on enjoying the photography wherever you are!

Ian.
Chris_H 16 1.5k 1
26 Feb 2007 11:14PM
Congratulations Adam and if you are reading this then I hope all is well.

Chris
MikeBonsall 13 474 3 Guernsey
27 Feb 2007 11:41AM
I received a nice email from Adam a few weeks ago. Basically he'd only got to hear about the Wanderlust competition after reading a forum thread that I'd posted about it. So he wanted to say thanks.

It's a shame he doesn't post here any longer. His work has been a big inspiration to me (and to many others on here). Luckily I can still see his work on his site, the amazing Timecatcher website and occasionally on P****net Smile

Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.