Adobe CC

capto Plus
8 6.4k 20 United Kingdom
30 May 2014 6:48PM
I had been considering signing up to Adobe CC, [ single app photography plan] but being a little cynical I waiting until the special intro offer expired to see what the real cost would be. The intro offer has finished today, the new price with a 12 months commitment is 17.58 pm, a cancel at any time option is 27.34 pm. That has made my mind up.
Coast 12 1.6k 292 United Kingdom
30 May 2014 7:17PM
I suppose that makes the intro offer at under 9 pcm a real bargain then.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.0k 66 Norway
30 May 2014 7:32PM

Quote:I suppose that makes the intro offer at under 9 pcm a real bargain then.

Oh yesSmile
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
30 May 2014 8:03PM
The 8.78 price is not an intro price, it is the price you will pay for that plan that includes both Photoshop and Lightroom.

The 17.58 price is for photoshop only (single app) and this is a totally different plan.

Either you are not seeing the real cost or you are choosing not to see it.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
30 May 2014 10:19PM
How does that work Paul?

I don't require LR, but it seems cheaper bundled with PS than PS does on it's own

A tad wary at the moment, because I am thinking of upgrading my PC within the next few months
Will it recognise my new kit, or do I have to deregister like you have to do with MS Office?

Adrian
capto Plus
8 6.4k 20 United Kingdom
30 May 2014 10:22PM

Quote:The 8.78 price is not an intro price, it is the price you will pay for that plan that includes both Photoshop and Lightroom.

The 17.58 price is for photoshop only (single app) and this is a totally different plan.

The 8.78 price ended today but the offer has tonight been extended to the end of June.
I am reluctant to enter into a deal which may double in price after 12 months.
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
30 May 2014 10:28PM

Quote:I am reluctant to enter into a deal which may double in price after 12 months.

Does it matter if you are only signing up for 12 months in the first place
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
30 May 2014 10:28PM

Quote:the offer has tonight been extended

Again ! !

No doubt I will get yet another e-mail encouraging me to sign up for the deal ! !
31 May 2014 12:30AM

Quote:The 8.78 price is not an intro price, it is the price you will pay for that plan that includes both Photoshop and Lightroom.

The 8.78 price ended today but the offer has tonight been extended to the end of June.
I am reluctant to enter into a deal which may double in price after 12 months.

Adobe will be stabbing themselves in the back if they went and doubled the price, many thousands have signed up for this deal and Adobe is not going to be wanting to loose such a large number of subscribers, prices may indeed rise but I don`t believe it could be by a huge amount, not even the price of a loaf of bread or pint of milk can be guaranteed not to rise.

Quote:How does that work Paul?

I don't require LR, but it seems cheaper bundled with PS than PS does on it's own

A tad wary at the moment, because I am thinking of upgrading my PC within the next few months
Will it recognise my new kit, or do I have to deregister like you have to do with MS Office?

Adrian

The good thing with subscribing is that your software will always be up to date, I`ve had many updates since joining.

4-untitled.jpg

I found that if I wanted to go CC or use the latest versions of LR I would be needing a new PC and operating system as adobe stopped supporting XP at Version 3.6 of LR.

In all it worked out quite costly, as I also needed to replace my calibration device and I had to factor this into the cost as well, but my old PC was 7 years old and the upgrades were worth it at the end of the day.
31 May 2014 12:58AM

Quote:A tad wary at the moment, because I am thinking of upgrading my PC within the next few months

It shouldn`t pose a problem Adrian, I`ve never needed to de-register but if you ever hit a stumbling block there customer care is first class.
Stillbase 9 79 Wales
31 May 2014 9:13AM
I agree with Paul Morgan. I've been on this deal for 6 months and have no complaints at all - it's allowed me to play with Photoshop (I'm not really interested in Lightroom) which I would not have been able to afford if I'd have to pay 600-700. I have a small problem with the download software, but Adobe fixed it immediately I contacted them.

Like many I'm concerned about a big price hike after 12 months, but I also have Elements (I bought it before the Photoshop deal was announced) and I try to use them both together to see just how well Elements will perform compared to Photoshop. I've been very pleasantly surprised just how good Elements is compared to its big brother and how many "hidden" functions it does have, particularly those revealed with the Elements XXL plug in. Yes of course there are things missing, after all Elements is only one tenth of the cost of Photoshop, but if Adobe impose an unacceptable price rise in 6 months (when my 12 month contract runs out) I will bite the bullet and switch back to Elements.
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
31 May 2014 3:40PM
I doubt that there will be a huge rise in price after 12 months or Adobe will lose many customers. As I already have a PS CS6 licence and LR4, I can easily revert to those should I need to.

Dave
thewilliam 12 6.1k
31 May 2014 6:40PM
On a couple of occasions when re-registering software by phone, a human has come onto the line to ask me why. After explaining that an HDD had failed or the computer has been upgraded, the rep has always been happy.
31 May 2014 7:03PM

Quote:On a couple of occasions when re-registering software by phone, a human has come onto the line to ask me why. After explaining that an HDD had failed or the computer has been upgraded, the rep has always been happy.

Its not been a problem for me, just prior to going CC I custom built a new PC to run the Adobe software and for video editing and so far its all working very well.
MrDennis Plus
11 272 Wales
4 Jun 2014 7:02PM
So you Go CC and Adobe's Site goes down again. lol. Pull your hair out at the moment you supposed to pay and you find you can't access the site. Can't use the program. Duh! Good Luck in wasting your cash.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.