90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

Adobe DNG converter and Windows 7

spickles 10 11 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2020 12:33PM
The latest Adobe DNG converter download says it needs Windows 10 or above
Can anyone advise me how I can convert Nikon Z6 raw files preferably to DNG for use in Lightroom 6 on a Windows 7 computer
Dave_Canon 14 1.9k United Kingdom
3 Dec 2020 1:33PM
I don't know about converting NikonZ6 files but you can still update W7 to W10 for free. I did this a few weeks ago on a camera club Laptop so we could used the current version of Adobe.

Dave
3 Dec 2020 3:04PM
Thanks Dave but I tried this some time ago. The graphics on the Dell laptop did not work and after months of trying to sort it I had to pay someone to change it back to W7
shagnasty 14 66
3 Dec 2020 3:40PM
You don't really need the latest version of the Adobe DNG converter as your camera - the Nikon Z6 is already recognised by the earlier version. If that workflow gives you difficulties then perhaps the Nikon free software. Capture NXD offers full functionality on NEF files.
Two different ways forward that might help.....for free. And we like the word free, don't we?
Regards
Pat
3 Dec 2020 5:14PM
Many thanks Pat
I have downloaded Adobe DNG Converter 12.2 which covers the Z6 and works with W7. The downloads on the Adobe site do not work but I found one on a third party site.
Again many thanks - Ephotozine is a wonderful site it saved me buying a new computer
phred 14 85
3 Dec 2020 11:13PM
Doesn't Nikon do their own free software similar to Canon's.
What about trying free softwares like Rawtherapee or Darktable?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.