PortraitPro 21 - 50% OFF + an EXTRA 20% OFF! Use Code: EPZJS

Adobe Version Cue

digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2005 3:03AM
I've just upgraded to PS CS2 and am trying to figure out how to get Version Cue going. According to the manual I should be able to use it with any single component of Creative Suite, but am having no joy.

If I try to create a new project in PS I get an error code 6658, the project could not be contacted. I can't find anywhere to set up the project location preferences and the 'connect to' option just seems to hang.

Has anybody managed to get this working and, if so, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Ian
ptilley 19 11 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2005 5:43AM
Hi Ian. Not sure if this is any help or if I am off track! As far as I know you need to have the Creative Suite installed to use all the features of Version Cue. I use it with the suite and have no problem. I think if you only have Photoshop CS2 you can only use the Adobe Dialogue box for opening files etc. If you have got the suite you need to go on line and set up a project, it can be in Acrobat, Photoshop,InDesign etc and you can then use all the features. I am logged on as an administrator as well, that may have something to do with it? Also you may have turned it off by mistake-go-Photoshop CS2 Choose Edit - Preferences - File Handling (Windows) or Photoshop - Preferences - File Handling (Mac).Select or deselect Enable Version Cue Work group File Management, and click OK. Hope some of this may help. I use Version Cue for many projects and have not ever had that error code. I could try to find out what it means if you like. Cheers, Paul.
4 Dec 2005 6:55AM
Thanks Paul.

So if I understand what you are saying, the dialog box is part of version cue and I can use that but not the version history side of things.

Oh well, just have to do it as I always have.

Cheers

Ian
ptilley 19 11 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2005 10:36AM
Hi again Ian, That is correct. I have had a look for you in the Adobe Help and found this:
Quote:Different Version Cue features are available in different environments:
If you use Adobe Creative Suite, you have access to the full set of Version Cue features, including Version Cue Administration.
If you use only one component of Adobe Creative Suite, or if you use InCopy and not Adobe Creative Suite, you have access to the features of the Adobe dialogue box only. You can use Bridge, rather than the Adobe dialogue box, for file browsing.
Note: Acrobat 7 and GoLive access Version Cue features differently than other Adobe Creative Suite components and dont use the Adobe dialogue box.

Good Luck, Regards, Paul.
4 Dec 2005 12:55PM
Cheers Paul. Well Version Cue wasn't the reason I upgraded anyway so no great loss. Thanks for the help.

Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.