Advertising Pricing - Help Please

whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2007 12:25PM
Well things are going well with the cycling photography at the moment, print sales are going well and bookings are coming in, including an provisional booking for the 2009 National Time Trial Championships. Anway, I've just had an enquiry from a wheel manufacturer in Australia about one of my images from the Mens National 10 mile Time Trial this year. Link if that's ok with the T&C's. They would like one of the photo's for their website and a large resolution file for printing for adverts, now normally for local sponsors and clubs, I let them have a low res web image in return for a link and a mention of me as the photographer, but high res for advertising, I'm a bit out of my depth on pricing. I will keep the copyright to the image, but let them use it for advertising.
Any replies gratefully received
User_Removed 16 3.3k Russian Federation
8 Aug 2007 12:39PM
No expert, but you need to know where it's going to be used, at what size and with what kind of circulation before you can put a number to it...

Congrats though! Wink
8 Aug 2007 12:39PM
The rider in the shot is sponsored by the manufacturer, so would I need a model release form? Photo taken at event on public road.
User_Removed 16 3.3k Russian Federation
8 Aug 2007 12:49PM

Quote:would I need a model release form?

Again, not sure, but I would think so. It would certainly be courtesy to ask. I can't see their being any problems with that - if they have sponsorship then they probably have a contract that they have to take part in marketing activities for them anyway.
8 Aug 2007 12:56PM
Thanks James, I can hopefully contact him through his club today, before responding to the manufacturer.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.