Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Advice from Epson 2100 users......

andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2004 2:10PM
Thanks Barrie,thats just made my day,LOL,ive just bought the 2100 complete with the Lysons system,lets hope ive not wasted my money.
Thanks Barrie,thats just made my day,LOL,ive just bought the 2100 complete with the Lysons system,lets hope ive not wasted my money.
WHOOPS
13 Sep 2004 8:12PM
Thank you.
yoguko 17 302 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2004 8:30PM
What about the Canon printers?. Is there an A3+ one and is the quality comparable with Epson's?

I have an old Epson, but I still love it. Will I get decent results with the Canon? Is the Canon cheaper?....
shooter 19 105 Canada
14 Sep 2004 6:51AM
Canon's S9000, and it's successors the i9100, and now the i9900 are all A3 printers, and are MUCH faster than their equivalent Epson models, as well as having somewhat more accurate colour (by lab measurement, not just my opinion.)

They do not have as many archival ink/media options, on the other hand, so the choice depends what is important to your particular situation.
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2004 7:13AM
I'd like to see where it says that Canon colours are more "accurate". How on earth can this be judged. Accuracy of colour is totally dependent upon both monitor and printer calibration and perception by the viewer. So called "lab measurement" is almost irrelevant when you are talking of something that is dependent upon how another person views colours. I know of one chap at an okld camera club I belonged to who swore blind that his monitor and printer was professionally calibrated and yet his greens and reds were so vibrant it looked like a scene from Yellow Submarine yet to him they looked fine.

With regard to print speed, I have to ask if that is really significant? If one printer produces 'x' pages a minute but another produces 'x + 1' - how on earth does that make one printer better than another.

Andy - I am sure the CIS is fine (fingers crossed for you) but you know how it is - once I had a bad experience (as did many others I know) with the small gamut inks used for B&W printing, it has made me very wary!

Barrie
14 Sep 2004 9:26AM
Thank you Barrie,
I shall be setting it up tonight,having read into the background on printing,not as easy as some might think ie profiling the right paper that sort of thing,but I'm sure i will get there in the end.
15 Sep 2004 9:06PM
Just an update,I'm over the moon with my 2100 and the lyson inks,the quality is stunning,one slight little niggle is there is a slight magenta look,even though I'm using both a custom profile and a generic one,anybody else come across this?.
mrarth 17 12
15 Sep 2004 9:50PM
I've used the 2100 for approx 18 months, with excellent results. I have only used the Epson inks, the size of the printer means there is unlikely to be enouugh room for the Lyson ink system.
I too suffered from a slight magenta cast, but have to say a slight tweak downwards on the magenta and saved as a profile and its fixed.
Andy
15 Sep 2004 11:23PM
Yes i know what you mean it is a big beast.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.