Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Advice needed from Olympus users.

JonnyNI Plus
8 2.2k
29 Mar 2015 12:40PM
I recently connected up a CCTV camera to an industrial microscope for a customer, there is also a connection point for a camera. The mount was originally for an old Olympus OM-2 camera. What i Need to know is what adapter would I require to convert the T-OM mount adapter to a modern Nikon camera. Had a look online but a lot of them where OM-4/3 so just worried about ordering the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance.




Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1 9 1.5k 221 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2015 12:10AM
It just looks like a T mount..... You can get Nikon T mounts.

Does the tube unscrew, or are there grub screws holding it into the lens mount? If so, it's just a case of fitting it to a Nikon T mount instead.

There may be a change of focus distance, depending on the length of tube (ie. the focus through the eyepiece or through the CCTV might not be the same as through the camera, but you can check through the viewfinder and adjust accordingly if you need to.

JonnyNI Plus
8 2.2k
30 Mar 2015 7:13AM
Hi Nick, thanks very much for the reply.

There are grub screws but the lens mount itself contains a glass element which is adding a certain amount of magnification which I would loose if I got a standard Nikon T mount. This is why I would like to find an adapter just to change the whole unit to a Nikon fit.

As far as focus distance goes this is not an issue focus can be viewed via the cameras live view and adjusted to suit.

Many thanks


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.