Advice on Film Cameras

10 Oct 2018 6:57PM
Just looking for some advice!
I have a canon t70, and itís all been working fine but as of last night, when I take a photo, it sounds like itís struggling to forward on the film? I have changed batteries and itís the same? Any ideas?
Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

10 Oct 2018 8:56PM
Well if itís not dodgy/dirty battery contacts then itís probably beyond mere mortals to fix...

Then one must decide whether a repair(?) cost is worth it, compared with buying another second-hand...sorry....Ēpre-lovedĒ....device..!
rambler Plus
10 1.0k 17 England
10 Oct 2018 9:56PM
With fault finding it is essential to work through a logical process. I would first check the way the film is loaded and whether the film runs smoothly as this might eliminate a camera fault, the price of a film is much the cheapest part too.
Try another film before you go down the expensive road of having the camera repaired or replaced.

Ken
pablophotographer 7 1.1k 341
6 Jan 2019 11:09PM
Hi, how long did you have the batteries? They may have expired, check their box for the expiry date (may be same expiry date with the ones you replaced). What frame are you on? It may be that you are near the end and there is no "juice" in energy to rewind the film back to the canister.
LenShepherd 10 3.8k United Kingdom
8 Jan 2019 9:23AM
A lot depends on how "fresh or old" the replacement batteries are, and whether the camera has been used very little for some time.
Cleaning the contacts on the batteries and in the battery chamber might help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.