Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Advise on christening photography

1 Oct 2012 9:24AM
Hey guys,
Just quick update about the Christening Yesterday.

The Methodist church was changed last minute and I didn't get chance to even go before hand or to even talk to the Vicar. However I turned up early to look around the venue and to talk to the Vicar. There wasn't much light and the place was very small, I was planning on using my 50-200mm lens but with it being so small I had to change my lens to 18-55m, on top of this the Vicar wouldn't allow photography at all during the ceremony, therefore I couldn't get the price shot of Kyrahs head over the font, along with this the grounds of the Methodist church wasn't exactly "beautiful" coming straight out onto a main road.

So my plans had be ruined before I even started, however I believe I got shots that parents will love inside the church and also at the party venue. I will post some pictures up in the next couple of days when I've finished editing.

All in all I had a great day being able to take shots of such a beautiful baby, her family and godparents.

Would I try again?
Yes I would definitely love to shoot a christening again however I would definitely prefer if it was in a Church where the vicar allowed photography during the ceremony.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MattK 5 63 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 8:00AM
Hi Simon

Sounds like you had a right challenge on your hands! Fair play to you for getting on with it and still getting some nice shots.

I was obviously very lucky!

It sounds as though you did a good job and managed it well so I am looking forward to seeing some photos from the day Smile

Matt
17 Oct 2012 9:18AM
Here are some of the pictures, Not the best place for an album, but I put it on there for the Kyrahs Mum as she doesnt have a computer. Will be uploading to Flickr soon.

Any comments bad or good Grin

Kyrahs Christening

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.