Exclusive Offer - 20% Off Mitsubishi CP-M15E Printer Bundle!

Affinity software

PRC 6 275 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2020 10:23PM
I paid £25 for mine a week or two ago; it was on offer to coincide with the photography show. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another offer later this year.
3 Oct 2020 10:26PM
Thankyou.
Mike_Smith Plus
13 686 1 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2020 9:45PM
Affinity photo is showing half price £23. Itís advertised on here under news
4 Oct 2020 10:23PM
Mike. Thankyou
I bought it when it was half price some months ago but never did anything with it. List started getting into it
Dsvid
peterjones 18 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2020 4:09PM
Once you get into Affinity you won't be disappointed; I have been using P/S for more years than I care to confess however although I have had to hunt around Affinity for the tools they are all there and I am delighted that Adobe has now got some very stiff competition from the likes of Serif, Capture One (admittedly not new) and Skylum..... as an aside I love Aurora for any kind of HDR processing.
5 Oct 2020 4:33PM
Thanks Peter for your very helpful comments.I am going to look into Affinity seriously. David
redsnappa 18 2.0k United Kingdom
6 Oct 2020 8:57PM
I let my adobe subscription expire last may and when with Afinity Photo and On1RAW
Affinity Photo is totally superb, I have not missed photoshop one bit, Serif have concentrated all their efforts into making Affinity work for photographers while Adobe have taken their eye of the ball and spent too much time effort and subscription money into making photo shop work for photographers, video makers, illustrators and animators.

On1Raw needed a few more visits to the Youtube tutorials before I got the hang of the workflow but I think it works better than lightroom, it certainly has a lot more non destructive editing features compared to Lightroom.
6 Oct 2020 10:08PM
Thanks Redsnapper!
dflory 13 1 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2020 5:21PM
I recently purchased Affinity, on offer through ephotozine. I've used a very, very old copy of Photoshop for years but after a PC upgrade I cannot re-install it on Windows 10.
My first impression is it is very good, and comparable to PS. The learning curve is steep, and I have only tried simple things so far. I feel it probably has similar power and capabilities, but the names of things and the way it does it is going to take some getting used to.
I've used Serif software in the past, and rate the company. All things considered, I am going to stick with it, though I have pre-ordered Luminar AI.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
21 Nov 2020 5:23PM

Quote:I recently purchased Affinity, on offer through ephotozine. I've used a very, very old copy of Photoshop for years but after a PC upgrade I cannot re-install it on Windows 10.
My first impression is it is very good, and comparable to PS. The learning curve is steep, and I have only tried simple things so far. I feel it probably has similar power and capabilities, but the names of things and the way it does it is going to take some getting used to.
I've used Serif software in the past, and rate the company. All things considered, I am going to stick with it, though I have pre-ordered Luminar AI.

Affinity has their own channel on YouTube, with shedloads of very helpful, easy to follow tutorials, should you need any help along that learning curve.
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.8k 7 United Kingdom
22 Nov 2020 9:51AM
Malc,
Do you have Nik Collection.
I've found the presets in that a nice addition to Affinity.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
22 Nov 2020 10:47AM

Quote:Malc,
Do you have Nik Collection.
I've found the presets in that a nice addition to Affinity.

Yes, I have, Dave...have used them for years now...
22 Nov 2020 5:19PM
As I hope to really get into Affinity I am hoping that my what was Google owned version of Nik and Topaz Labs will be of great benefit as we;;. David
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
22 Nov 2020 6:24PM

Quote:As I hope to really get into Affinity I am hoping that my what was Google owned version of Nik and Topaz Labs will be of great benefit as we;;. David

In case you (or anyone else) needs to know how to add Nik to Affinity, here's a link...
Nik is supposed to be supported by an Adobe product to be useable, but it is easy to install in other non-Adobe software

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.