Agfa Copyproof paper, what is it?

30 Sep 2019 3:06AM
Hi mini670,I've just realised your enquiry is 10 years old so this is most likely irrelevent now. I used to be a service engineer for AGFA, working on the Copyproof camera's and processing machines almost 40 years ago. I should imagine the paper you have will be well past its use by date but, CPP is Copyproof Positive this is the paper the image will end up upon, CPN is copyproof negative and is the negative that must be handled under a red safelight to be placed in the camera and exposed, at f22 exposure was usually about 15-20 seconds ( how come I can recall this stuff but can't remember what I was doing yesterday)? Once exposed, place the exposed CPN face to face with a sheet of CPP and feed it through the processor, a CP38 or a CP 53 (numbers are the width of the rollers in CMs) there is a seperation plate, make sure you have CPP and CPN on either side of this, feed through by hand until papaer is taken up by the rollers then just let it go through at its own speed. Once out of machine leave in contact for about a minute then peel apart at the same speed it went thru machine, hey presto you will have a print! You will need to make some test shote to get the exposure correct, we used to used a Step wedge but, the chgances of finding one of those is probably greater than winning the Lottery!As a note of interest the other box of CPTN is Copyproof Continuous tone, used for copying existing photographs, NOT for making a metal printing plate, you will need a screen in contact with the Negative (CPN) for that. Happy snapping! Rob

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.