Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Airforce Photographer...

bentspace 17 31
19 Apr 2005 3:28PM
Hey All.

I am thinking about 'packing it all in', ie: quitting the Freelance Audio Engineer business, and joining the New Zealand Air Force as a photographer. It seems like a good way to mix my passion for Aeroplanes with my passion for photography. They have a world class 2 year photography course, then i would have to do 2 years active service after that...
[url]http://www.airforce.mil.nz/careers/force/tradesheets/Photographer.pdf[/url]

What do you think guys?
wgfarquhar 17 473
19 Apr 2005 4:24PM
bentspace 17 31
19 Apr 2005 5:10PM
Thanks for sorting that link out mate.
UserDeleted 18 3.6k
19 Apr 2005 11:26PM
"Active service" - when was the last time that the NZ airforce was involved in any conflict ?

Sounds like a great idea.

Mike.
User_Removed 16 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
19 Apr 2005 11:53PM
I think it's a brilliant opportunity.
Recently several friends and relatives have holidayed in NZ and all rave about the country.
My brother-in-law tells me that had he been 10 years younger(he's 57 and living in SA) he would have emigrated like a shot.
Mind I do think NZ like Australia are involved in all major conflicts.
Merl♥
19 Apr 2005 11:58PM
They have been involved in every conflict that the US and the UK have been involved in. As a photographer dont expect all the best equipment either, cut backs within the NZ airforce have been major over the last few years, much the same as the UK.
UserHasLeft 18 654
20 Apr 2005 12:23AM
I think you're probably excited about the idea, Chris and just need a shove to get your ass in gear. On either level (photographic or aeronautical) this would seem an opportunity very well suited to your interests. Both together is ideal. You're a very young man ....go for it, mate Smile
CanonMan 20 588 4 England
20 Apr 2005 12:25AM
Go for it. If I'd had better career advice when at school, its probably a job/career that I would have aimed for. As you say, a great opportunity to mix your love of photography and aircraft in a job that (hopefully) you will enjoy.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.