Save 35% On A SmugMug Account Today!

Alcatel one touch 2045x mobile phone.

polis_928tadw59 10 7.0k United Kingdom
29 Sep 2018 2:55PM
My wife has this phone as it is simple to use. I am impressed with its camera and one or two other features. But just over one week ago she managed to drop it into water, just a woman's incompetence,or whatever you wish to describe it. Within a minute I had managed to dismantle it and wipe off and shake out water; drying it with tissue paper, etc.
Since then I have had the phone covered with dried rice and silica gel. Have tried on a few occasions to see if it is back to normal. Plugged it in to the charger, and all I get is the screen flashing on for just over 1-2 secs. It will gradually go from 7 flashes up to 17 and sometimes 20+ flashes before 'resting' and then starting up again with the screen flashing as though possibly accepting some charge.
Can anyone suggest what is the situation with this phone ? Is it a case that the phone has been rendered useless, or that the battery needs replacing. It seems to me that the battery is more watertight than the phone body.
Cephus 16 2.6k England
29 Sep 2018 5:21PM
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.3k 58 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2018 10:59PM
If you can remove the battery first - then put it on to of a warm radiator for a few days you might get lucky.
Cephus 16 2.6k England
30 Sep 2018 11:25AM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.