Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Alison Morgan, Cattyal, RIP

I am saddened and shocked by this news, and send my thoughts to you Yael and your family. I knew Alison through the weekly macro challenge, into which select group she welcomed me and gave me tremendous inspiration with her outstanding images.

Andrew
clicknimagine Plus
11 798 104 India
7 Dec 2020 2:29AM
I am shocked, my condolences to you and your family...
7 Dec 2020 8:08AM
Very saddened to hear this news. RIP and God bless.
chavender Plus
10 495 1 France
7 Dec 2020 8:43AM
My sincere condolences for the loss of your sister Yael.
She was an inspiration and will certainly be missed.
Bill
bluesandtwos 11 519 1 England
7 Dec 2020 10:10AM
Oh that is so very sad. My thoughts are with you, and thank you so much for letting us all here know the sad news.

I never had the good fortune to meet Alison but she was a true character here, and a great inventive photographer. I did have a few message conversations with her during her 'skeleton period' she was so funny and so helpful, even just by text you got the flavour of her character.

A great loss for us all, but especially you, her family.

A sad day.

Stay safe,

Dave
7 Dec 2020 10:29AM
As a relative newcomer to ePz I am so sad that Alison has left us - she had so much to contribute and enjoy. My deepest sympathy to you, Yael, and the rest of your family and her friends. You must all be devastated and I hope you all find the strength to get you through the difficult times ahead. Knowing of her unstinting love for photography and life and knowing what joy she found in them will, hopefully, give you some comfort.
7 Dec 2020 10:50AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, this is sad news, I always really appreciated Alison contributions to EPZ, she will be missed.
Sylvia
tj Plus
18 2.1k England
7 Dec 2020 11:18AM
This is incredibly sad news Sad
Our thoughts and condolences go out to you, from the ePz family x
7 Dec 2020 12:31PM
Though I personally never knew Alison, I wish I had, as she was clearly a talented and much loved member of EPZ, and as a member of that family myself I offer my sincere condolences.
banehawi Plus
16 2.4k 4229 Canada
7 Dec 2020 2:17PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Alison was a regular and popular contributor. My sincere condolences.
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
7 Dec 2020 2:21PM
Oh noooo! Its always saddening to see the letters RIP in a heading in these forums but when it's someone so special it makes it even harder to accept. I met Alison at Focus on Imaging and she was as nice in person as she is here. As people have stated Alison was one of the key members of ePHOTOzine. Her regular blog posts and daily forum/gallery activity not only showed how passionate she was about photography, but she also inspired and encouraged many to get their cameras out and become more active and improving. My condolences to you and your family Yael. RIP Alison you will be truly missed.
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 130 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2020 3:35PM
My deepest condolences. She will be missed greatly by many - my self included. I will especially miss her cat portraits which never failed to make me smile. On revisiting her portfolio I was struck by the poignancy of her tag line quote:

Quote:There is only one world; the world pressing against you at this minute. There is only one minute in which you are alive; this minute here and now. The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle.

May she rest in peace.
dark_lord Plus
17 2.8k 762 England
7 Dec 2020 5:04PM
Very sorry to hear this. While I never met her, she was a very active member and will be missed for all her input.
scrimmy Plus
12 390 5 Scotland
7 Dec 2020 5:17PM
I am shocked and deeply saddened by this news. I never met Alison and only knew her through the EPZ community. In my early days on the site she was a constant source of encouragement and inspiration. Alison's photography showed me that photography was more than just a record of a place or person, I learned so much from her. I will remember her photography, along with her talent, imagination and humour with fondness. She will be sadly missed by all the EPZ community.
YaelEd 3 2 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2020 7:12PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts - Ali's twin Katie and her mum Kate have both seen them all too.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.