Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Alternative Car Names

Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
1 Jul 2012 11:45PM

Quote:it's so comfortable

That's what I miss most about my Xantia.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

adrian_w Plus
12 3.8k 4 England
2 Jul 2012 9:22AM

Quote:I see no one has ribbed me about my Citroen as yet, I'm very disappointed guys.......

Some things are beyond a joke. Wink
adrian_w Plus
12 3.8k 4 England
2 Jul 2012 9:25AM

Quote:To be fair Adrian did say "around here", presumably meaning where he lives. Presumably young "gentlemen" there buy 30-year old BMWs (i.e. the sort of vintage when most ordinary cars have long gone to the crusher) and misbehave with them! Lol! Wink

Actually thinking more about 30-40 year old middle managers or sales-men with brand new BMWs who think that they own the roads & driving laws & speed limits do not apply to them.
They should go to the crushers, with the drivers still inside them.
Ade_Osman 16 4.5k 36 England
2 Jul 2012 9:36AM

Quote:Some things are beyond a joke.

Ouch!......Well I asked for that Wink

Quote:Actually thinking more about 30-40 year old middle managers or sales-men with brand new BMWs who think that they own the roads & driving laws & speed limits do not apply to them.
They should go to the crushers, with the drivers still inside them.

My sentiments entirely!.........They should all be made to drive 2CV's or those God awful Aixam microcars which you can hear coming down the road a fortnight away!

Ade
thewilliam 11 6.1k
2 Jul 2012 10:27AM
One fleet manager needed to persuade the staff to treat their company cars more carefully.

He and the CEO went to a used car dealer and had themselves photographed with a couple of 10 year old Lada cars. The next issue of the company newsletter carried the pic and an announcement that staff who didn't treat their company cars properly, and a list of rules followed, would be issued with one of the Lada cars for 6 months.

Problem solved!
KarenFB Plus
13 5.3k 174 England
2 Jul 2012 10:33AM
After one of my accidents (guy hit me, claimed I was driving on his side of the road when in fact I'd 'emergancy stopped', in a pull-in and had hand brake on, he was going so fast he couldn't stop!), the guy got out of his van and the first thing he said to me was.............

"It's okay, it's a works van!"...................(my car was a write off!)

Outcome: Back road, 50:50!

I shan't repeat what I called him and his "Works Van"!
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
2 Jul 2012 10:40AM

Quote:Actually thinking more about 30-40 year old middle managers or sales-men with brand new BMWs

They don't own the cars concerned. I don't actually believe this is restricted to any one make. BMW was associated with "Yuppies" about 30 years ago and some people still are scarred by that memory! Grin

Quote:The next issue of the company newsletter carried the pic and an announcement that staff who didn't treat their company cars properly, and a list of rules followed, would be issued with one of the Lada cars for 6 months.

They should have been given Ladas in the first place! Wink
keith selmes 15 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2012 12:49PM

Quote:scarred by that memory!
absolutely, painfully
dark_lord Plus
15 2.3k 591 England
4 Jul 2012 7:39PM
I didn't expect so much interest in this thread, but I'm pleasantly surprised, an amusing assortment of comments.

On the subject of BMW, I've also heard it stands for Black Man Wheels.

The Citroen Xsara Picasso and Renault Scenic share the same name: Mobile Chicane.
Gaucho 17 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
4 Jul 2012 8:20PM
"Pajero" which Mitsubishi thought meant a South American wild cat but in Argentina really means W****r. Says it all really.
NEWDIGIT 8 401 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2012 9:51AM
Seen on recovery transport Nissan with smashed in front end someone had wrote an S in the dirt in front of model name

Squashqai

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.