Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Amazon marketplace tripod SUPERB

jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
26 Jan 2010 4:11PM
Hello everyone, now i don't know if this has been put up before is so i sorry for the duplicate.
I have to tell you all about a superb heavey duty tripod that i just gor from amazon marketplace.

Now so what i hear you all shout. This tripod is under 60 if you include the P&P or not. Heavey duty with 2 camera end plates yes 2 ( you have 2 cameras you'll understand) a ball swivel head and telescopic any angle legs, ideal for those low down steady shots. It also has rubberised grops for a flay smoth surface or hidden in the rubber feet is a spikes for softer uneaven surfaces. Just twist the rubber ball up the screw fitting to show a good solid spike, it also comes in its own carry case with shoulder strap.

So for all you out there looking for a great heavy duty tripod but not willing to pay the Manfrotto prices have a look at amazon marketplace Tripod link
arhb 13 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2010 6:05PM
Not exactly 'Heavy Duty' - the load capacity is only 4kg...
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
26 Jan 2010 6:11PM
How much does your camera weigh in at mine is no where near that.
arhb 13 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2010 8:06PM
1D body = ~1.5kg
400mm lens = 1.25kg
gimbal head = 1.3kg
1.4tc = ~0.25kg

I realise that this weighs in at just over 4kg, but I need a tripod that will feel solid if I decide to use a 500F4 lens on it which is considerably heavier than my 400F5.6 lens.
My tripod has a load capacity of 12kg, so I can load it up in the knowledge that it will handle the extra weight.
I have done some sessions with a more lightweight tripod, with the above equiptment fitted, and experienced a lot of vibration problems, and soft images as a result.
For most applications, 4kg is probably sufficient, and this deal looks tempting which is why I looked, but the load weight means it won't get used.
Thanks all the same though Jazzy for the link, I'm always looking : )
malum 17 630 1 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2010 2:13PM
Just wanted to say I ordered one of these and it looks and feels very good, so thanks for the heads up
I don't do a lot of tripod work so I didn't want to go nuts and this fits the bill very nicely.
It seems as solid as a rock

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.