Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Americans are NOT stupid


StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
4 Feb 2017 11:39PM
Here's some material that should keep you occupied for the next week or so: Trump's doctor admits Trump takes pills for hair growth; Ivanka's clothing line dropped by Nordstrom; Milania seldom seen since inauguration????!?!? What's going on?
4 Feb 2017 11:44PM
What's your point Denny, that's peripheral, distraction news?

What about the items I referred to earlier ..


Quote:Is it true about Trump scrapping the rule stopping coal mining companies dumping their waste into rivers, or that he has reversed the requirement background checks on gun ownership?





StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
4 Feb 2017 11:51PM
I didn't read it, so I know nothing about that, never heard of it before, but it sure sounds like Liberal propaganda to me. Like I said, I need to know where it comes from, then I set my believability meter. It's all a natural reaction to people in shock. They'll get over it...or not.
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
4 Feb 2017 11:53PM

Quote:What's your point Denny, that's peripheral, distraction news?


That is very important news to the Liberal media and Liberal party and supporters over here. In fact, it nourishes them, feeds their frenzy.
4 Feb 2017 11:54PM
You didnt read my question?

I was asking you what you thought of their decision..

here is a link to make it easier .. http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/01/12th-day-trump-house-republicans-vote-coal-mines-poison-water.html

Background checks http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/03/us-congress-scraps-obama-rules-background-checks-gun-ownership/
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
5 Feb 2017 4:04AM
I have no idea on either question, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before. I'm not putting you off, it's the first I've heard of it. I doubt if it's mainstream news if it hasn't been mentioned, probably something dreamed up by liberals, wouldn't be the first time.

I have one for you; do you think Madonna should go to prison, should she even be allowed in the United States again?
5 Feb 2017 9:44AM
You only have to google it to get a list of sites that give your the information, there are a lot reporting on the facts, there must be one among them that you would believe to be the truth. This is not something dreamed up by 'liberals', it happened, and it happened because of 224 Republicans on Wednesday.

You cant keep saying Trump won, this is how he won, like nothing else matters - what he does now matters - you must have an opinion on what he's doing to the world, surely?


Quote:I have one for you; do you think Madonna should go to prison, should she even be allowed in the United States again?
Do you mean for saying this:


Quote:"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged.“Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House,” she said. “But I know that this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair.
?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/23/entertainment/madonna-white-house/
warning - profanity

Do you think Trump should have at least mentioned the latest terror attack - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-stays-silent-on-mosque-shooting-while-raging-over-louvre-knife-attack_us_5894960fe4b0406131365339

Trump doesnt seem to have a clue - take his muslim ban (60,000+ visas cancelled) - thats not all 'refugees', thats workers in the USA and he tweets this about a judge!

17804_1486288800.jpg


That 'so-called' Judge is James Robart

Sure there will be another equally inappropriate use of Twitter by him soon as the US Court of appeal have just rejected his muslim ban.


Fma7 6 1.1k United Kingdom
5 Feb 2017 10:50AM

Quote:here is a link to make it easier .. http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/01/12th-day-trump-house-republicans-vote-coal-mines-poison-water.html

Background checks http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/03/us-congress-scraps-obama-rules-background-checks-gun-ownership/



Of course if you read the articles it is Congress which decides, not Donald trump, you know, Congress, the representatives of the people.

Many people only like democracy when it provides a result they want, as we have seen all too recently closer to home.
gcarth Plus
17 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2017 1:26PM

Quote:I have one for you; do you think Madonna should go to prison, should she even be allowed in the United States again?
Well you have a point, Denny, if you're referring to her "feeling like blowing up the White House". I think she should be censured for saying things like that.
Besides, like other celebrities who don't like Trump, she supports Clinton who is in my book, no way a liberal - more a Neo-Liberal or Neo-Con - Obama ditto. Of course, we may differ on that last part.Wink
lobsterboy Plus
17 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2017 2:16PM

Quote:Many people only like democracy when it provides a result they want, as we have seen all too recently closer to home.


A big part of democracy is being able to protest peacefully about things you don't agree with, not some sort of "tyranny of the majority" where as soon as a vote is decided everyone has to shut up and fall in line.
5 Feb 2017 4:27PM

Quote:Of course if you read the articles it is Congress which decides, not Donald trump, you know, Congress, the representatives of the people.

Many people only like democracy when it provides a result they want, as we have seen all too recently closer to home.



My post was to help Denny get some facts rather than reach for the 'liberal' button again. Wink

StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
5 Feb 2017 6:08PM

Quote:A big part of democracy is being able to protest peacefully about things you don't agree with, not some sort of "tyranny of the majority" where as soon as a vote is decided everyone has to shut up and fall in line.


I agree 100% Chris; nothing wrong with peaceful protest, but don't disrupt the lives of others in any way. Preventing others from going about their everyday lives is not a right, nor is burning the property of others, or destroying it in other ways. Or endangering the lives and well-being of others. To do any of these things is hypocrisy, as is blocking a person or persons from exercising free speech at a venue paid for by them. I also think they should pass much stiffer penalties for professional trouble makers that travel around the country, or world, instigating destruction and violence at these protests.

Trump is doing what he promised to do, and the business of government is proceeding. He'll win some and lose some, same as all that have gone before him. As far as saying "so-called Judge," that was very mild, and as was pointed out last night by a couple of very experienced lawyers, he's been referred to by far worse, by them, all judges have.

I read an essay last night on gun violence in America by Stephen King called Guns, it was published in 2013. It takes about 30 minutes to read and is interesting, if only for some of the stats. It was free on Amazon.

Btw, I'm not going to be a whipping boy for bleeding heart liberals on here, so don't waste your time on the links for me, I haven't looked at any of them. I know the system here, remember?
thewilliam 12 6.1k
5 Feb 2017 7:02PM
There was a piece on Radio 4 a few days back, that mentioned that Chump was scrapping one of Obama's gun ownership restrictions.

Under the Obama regime, people with any form of mental illness or disability have been subject to an enhanced background and mental fitness check before they're allowed to buy firearms. Chump is about to scrap this very sensible law.
5 Feb 2017 7:15PM

Quote:Btw, I'm not going to be a whipping boy for bleeding heart liberals on here, so don't waste your time on the links for me, I haven't looked at any of them. I know the system here, remember?
wow, all I was doing was trying to give you an alternative to your strongly held belief about Trump but if you dont want that then fine, I'm still interested in others opinions even if they differ from my own. I did truly want to understand what makes you like Trump so much but hey ho guess we will never know.. and I dont think I've called you, or anyone a name for the views you hold - not that I'm even a liberal - although from Chris's description above maybe I would prefer to be that than have a closed mind.
5 Feb 2017 7:22PM

Quote:There was a piece on Radio 4 a few days back, that mentioned that Chump was scrapping one of Obama's gun ownership restrictions.

Under the Obama regime, people with any form of mental illness or disability have been subject to an enhanced background and mental fitness check before they're allowed to buy firearms. Chump is about to scrap this very sensible law.



its done already.. I did link earlier in the thread but heres another

Background checks

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.