Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

An introduction...

Dracven 7 2 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 8:14AM
Hi there all, I'm Thomas Nicholson. Having read some of the forums on here I thought I'd join up and get involved. My photography background has spanned 30 years. I started as a child roughly 7 years old using my dads Practika camera and lenses. I've had a break from photography for a few years but am back now with the Dslr my wife bought me 2 years ago. I use a Sony alpha 200 with sigma lenses 17-70mm f2.4 and a 70-300mm f4. My preferred area of photography is portraiture although living in Derbyshire landscapes are also a big part of it.

I look forward to many a discussion on various subjects.

Cheers
Thom

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
16 18.8k 97 England
30 Mar 2010 9:51AM
Welcome Thom, we have many members who spend a lot of time in Derbyshire so you'll see plenty of photos in the gallery from that area. Hope to see you join in too.
Bellie 11 507
30 Mar 2010 10:00AM
I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!
nishad1994 7 264 Oman
30 Mar 2010 10:29AM

Quote:I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

Me too .... Smile But that was a film camera when I was 8 years old !! I dont even remember the brand. Wink
I got my first digital camera in 2007, when I was 13 years old !! Smile

Nishad
cats_123 Plus
13 4.7k 28 Northern Ireland
30 Mar 2010 10:33AM

Quote:I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

Welcome Thom Smile

I can't remember my Dad being interested in photography that much but I do remember getting a Brownie 127 for a present when i was quite young. I also have a memory of one of my Grandad's owning this box camera, its was rectangular in shape about 6x4 covered in black leather and with a flip up viewfinder on the top. They say the genes skip a generation, so maybe that's where I get it from Smile
nishad1994 7 264 Oman
30 Mar 2010 10:41AM
Oh and Welcome Thom !! Smile

Nishad
Dracven 7 2 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 10:24PM
Thanks everyone, looking forward to some interesting discussions.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.