Don't Miss Out On Top-Selling Deals From Park Cameras - Find Out More

Anaglyph 3D Photography

ajhollingbery 16 106 England
11 Aug 2014 11:42AM
I have recently become interested in anaglyph 3D photography. Until the last 3 weeks I have either used a single camera (Pentax K20D) and used the method whereby you take two pictures of the same scene but with the camera having moved about 3 inches between shots or by mounting 2 compact cameras side by side. Both these methods have their limitations and I have now bought a Fuji W3 3D camera. So far I am delighted with the results from the Fuji.

Are any other members interested in this type of photography?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

11 Aug 2014 12:52PM
my OM-D E-M5 has the option to "shoot" in 3D... very similar process to the one you described
whereby you take one photo then move along slightly. the OM-D "ghosts" the original image
so you can line them up more accurately. it utilises the SBS (side by side) 3D format.

it then saves them as a single file and you can use some software to view the "3D" image.

i've only took a few, which i view on my LG 3D tv.... the image is cropped quite severely top
and bottom which is a bit of a bind.

neat feature to have though Smile
bugdozer 16 98 2
15 Aug 2014 10:46PM
I'm very into this stuff, though have not done any recently because I misplaced my glasses! If you really want a challenge, try getting the Moon in 3D - take a picture at the same phase several months apart, and libration effects will give you two slightly different angles. It works! I also composited a picture of Prince William and Katherine kissing taken from two different shots of them on the Buckingham Palace balcony snapped at exactly the same moment by different press photographers.
I only have one camera for it so I also take two shots with moving it.
3dtigger.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.