Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Annabel Willams Course

a11sus 17 568 Northern Ireland
4 Oct 2004 8:35AM
Has anyone here considered going to the
Annabel Williams course in Dublin?

I am very tempted, although where I would get the money from is any one's guess.

Has anyone attended one of her courses before? Are they good value for money?

If there was another lady out there I would consider sharing a room - a double is the same price as a single as far as I can see so sharing would cut down on the price slightly.

(I still have to pass this whole idea past my husband so it may be a non starter!)

Anyone?
4 Oct 2004 8:38AM
Dublin AND a photography course, oh yes tempted. Non starter though for me :-(
4 Oct 2004 8:42AM
Aaaaaawwwww K! Go for it! It'd be a blast! (Although I am only one click up from "non starter"!)

I can take the time out for it and the appeal of a course that is on the same land mass as me for a change is big. Do you know how often "we" have to fly to England (et al) for courses and meetings?

It is just the money that is making me hesitate.
4 Oct 2004 8:59AM
Its the money for me too Susan, got half term child care to pay for :-(((.
csurry 18 9.2k 92
4 Oct 2004 9:00AM
It's a nice hotel - I should know I spent 9 months there. Rooms are very spacious as it was a 5* (not sure if it still is). Most of the footie and rugby teams, etc stay there when playing in Dublin.

Has a good bar, but avoid some of the local musicians. We had the staff trained to shut the connecting doors between the lounge and the bar when most were playing. Very enthusiastic if not very talented.

Things to bear in mind. This hotel is not near Dublin city centre. It is about a 30-40Euro cab fare from the airport. This can take up to an hour and a half depending on traffic.

Just a couple of extra things to bear in mind of you are going to go.

Cheryl
4 Oct 2004 9:14AM
Cheryl,

The hotel IS still 5 star - I noticed when I was looking up the prices.

Your experience / advice is great! (I'll be driving though! hehehehehe!)

I might be able to do pick up from the airport should I / anyone else be going. . . . . .

If anyone else is thinking about going would you keep in touch as I really would prefer sharing the cost of the room.
SUSAN
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2004 11:34AM
Tempted also, but broke!! I wrote to them to ask if there was anything closer to home and this is their reply:

Hi Debbie

Many thanks for the email. Great news!! we are infact running a course on 24th January at Dukes 92 in Manchester. Catherine Connor is writing the seminar today, so I cant be too specific about the content at present but it is based around business development and pro-active marketing. We are also running some discovery days here in Staveley on the 17th 18th and 19th of January which are scheduled to be, Photographing Teenagers and Wedding Seminars.

If you would like to let me know your full postal address I will add you to our database and this will ensure you are automatically updated with any seminars or events we are holding.

Kind regards
Alex Eccles

I'm near Manchester, so am interested in the 24th Jan. course. Hope this helps!
4 Oct 2004 11:41AM
Debbie, thanks for bringing that here, Manchester's not completely out of the question for me so long as I get saving and resist the urge of the January sales!
LAF 17 1.7k
4 Oct 2004 2:41PM
If it means I'll be able to charge 10k for a wedding I'll consider it Wink
7 Oct 2004 5:01PM
Well, I have booked!
janehewitt 17 215 1 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2004 5:04PM
Good for you, go for it! let us know what it's like, I've bought her book but that's as far as I'm likely to get at the moment! Jane

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.