Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Annoying message

terryxc 7 7 England
5 May 2016 10:00PM
Not sure if this has been covered before, every time I click on anything I get the message "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEAVE THIS PAGE ?", I never used to get it before the upgrade and its starting to bug me, I love to see everyone's images, but not been on much lately because of this annoying message, does anyone know how I can get rid of this message for good, please help if you can...

Thank you
Terry.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 16 11.6k 12 United Kingdom
5 May 2016 10:06PM
I would like to know too, I can't get rid of it either
terryxc 7 7 England
5 May 2016 10:23PM
Another annoying one Brian is, " show all content " message which is also a pain in the butt...

Terry.
dlm71 4 221 2 United Kingdom
5 May 2016 10:28PM
What browser are you using as i don't get the message? I'm using Safari so i am assuming it's a browser related issue which might be resolved within the browser settings?
terryxc 7 7 England
5 May 2016 10:40PM

Quote:What browser are you using as i don't get the message? I'm using Safari so i am assuming it's a browser related issue which might be resolved within the browser settings?

I use internet explorer, will check my settings and thanks for replying...

Terry.
cuffit Plus
13 342 5 England
5 May 2016 11:07PM
I am running Safari and have noticed it recently on a few sites - particularly Hotmail.
Willpower 8 494 United Kingdom
5 May 2016 11:51PM

Quote:What browser are you using as i don't get the message? I'm using Safari so i am assuming it's a browser related issue which might be resolved within the browser settings?

A very likely solution. I run Chrome and get no such messages.
Jestertheclown 11 8.0k 252 England
6 May 2016 7:19AM

Quote:A very likely solution. I run Chrome and get no such messages.

Or perhaps not.

For what it's woth, I also use Chrome and have seen that message.
It turned out that, for some reson, it was in "incognito" mode.
I switched it back to "normal" and haven't seen it since.
I don't suppose that helps much and since I haven't used IE since I found out how not to, I don't know how it sets itself up.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
6 May 2016 9:31AM
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
6 May 2016 12:46PM
Flicking from one website to another and turning pages in each I find that it mostly happens on this site and often requires the message to be clicked 2 or 3 times to move on, and again, it's only recently.

Checking add-ons didn't reveal much.

A bit like Fumpf? on ITMA it goes and it comes back Grin
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
6 May 2016 6:45PM
It is a piece of Javascript code on the website itself and not browser dependent It is intended to give you a second chance if you have filled in a web form and closing the page would lose your writing, for example. As with all good ideas it gets misused.

The overall cure is to disable Javascript. Unfortunately you can lose other functionality as well.
6 May 2016 9:35PM
Hmm..cheers Lemmy, interesting, I thought it was something to do with I.E. browser, and could be stopped by trawling back to an obscure Microsoft "update" and deleting it. This would make a little more sense though - sadly it only happens - frequently, but annoyingly not every time - on this site, with PC or laptop, and of course, never on the Ipad...
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
7 May 2016 7:36AM
I have seen it a couple times on other sites, but never this one, and never enough to be bothered with it.
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
7 May 2016 10:51AM

Quote:, never on the Ipad...
No, Android neither on my tab and phone.
terryxc 7 7 England
15 May 2016 6:03AM

Quote:The IT guys at ePz HO had this question in a recent report and found this information from Microsoft:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows_10/are-you-sure-you-want-to-leave-this-page-warning/7da9ecd2-20e0-46ad-b167-c8496dae052a?auth=1

Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.

•Type iexplore –extoff and click on OK.

This seems to have worked for me, hope it helps you, a big thank you to everyone who responded, i'm very grateful to you all...

Regards
Terry.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.