Any child portrait photographers out there?

elcamino 15 28
18 Feb 2005 8:50AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to the site and wondering if there were any child photographers out there? It seems like much of the work posted is non-portrait photography. While I appreciate all photography I am interested in seeing some portrait portfolios.

Love tinabolton! My work is the same subject matter (usually), however I'm in the process of getting started on my own, so the pictures I've taken so far were for an employer so I do not own the copyright to them. So, the pictures I have posted in my portfolio are what I could find of my girls, family, etc.

I'm awaiting delivery of my Canon 20D TODAY (so excited), so you can be sure I'll be clicking away and updating my gallery. Is everyone only allowed one upload a day?

Anyway, just looking for some inspiration! Let me know of any good portrait portfolios. And feel free to comment on mine....good or bad!

Thanks everyone, I love this place!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

18 Feb 2005 9:02AM
Hi, and welcome. You could try the portfolios of Ukuwi, Paul Groom, Niamh and one other, name escapes me at the moment but you will find most people have taken some portraits of children. If you use the drop down menu in the gallery and select portraits/people you may find that helps. K.
18 Feb 2005 10:59AM
hi peewee, as k says most of us have portraits up (even me ) just have a wee look about - k has named a few great ones but is a wee bit bit shy, she has some amazing kids pics to look at, also a couple i personally like are contemporary dave and redbug - all 3 for me have really different syles hope they have something for inspiration for you stuart
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
18 Feb 2005 11:07AM
You may find that a lot of professional child portrait photographers (myself included) do not put their work up on a public site like this.
I dont even have much up on my own site never mind anywhere else.
francisg 16 705 1 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2005 1:41PM
It is a sad state of affairs I know. but these days you cannot risk posting a child portrait whith out first getting written permission from the parent or gardian.
cheers
Frank
19 Feb 2005 2:49PM
You could try mine, all the parents have given permission for their children's images to be used on my site, and some of them are mine (the children that is, all the photos are mine)

Images of Life

Gareth
croberts 16 2.2k 8 Ireland
19 Feb 2005 3:09PM
Hey, Gareth, I recognise some of your portraits. Permajet use them for advertising!
20 Feb 2005 6:36AM
I know Wink

I have worked with Permajet for sometime on their Monochrome Pro inksets, they get to use my images and I get to be a reseller - want a discount on Permajet stock....?

Gareth
Images of Life
copycat 14 2
7 Dec 2005 5:15AM
Link removed by ePZ, please refer to site Terms and conditions.
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2005 6:39AM
I love the work of Michael Campbell, chrish4, and allsus. I love childrens portraiture and prefer to get them as natural as poss!! Plenty of kiddies in my pf - all with parental permission Smile
7 Dec 2005 7:42AM
Agreed, I like Tina's stuff too - really excellent stuff.

Try these

Minx Photography. Nice simple portraiture - the way it should be.

Henk Van Kooten. Contemporary family portraiture. You have to dig deep into the site to find the really good stuff. Tip: When in the galleries, view all the shots, come out of the gallery and go in again - new shots will be displayed.

General portrait sites - good (well, I think they are) for general portrait inspiration

Rankin. Its a dreadfully designed site, but dig deep enough and there is some good portraiture there.

Perou. Some good modern portraits there.

Sacha Dean Biyan. Some modern fashion/portraiture. If you can put up with the over the top Flash on the site - its worth a look.
martinproe 14 293 5 England
7 Dec 2005 9:44AM
AnneFromleo has some wonderful Child shots in her portfolio.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.