Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Any other sites like this?

melabarrie 16 3
1 Aug 2004 2:49PM
Was just wondering if there were any other sites like this one. I stumbled over ephotozine.com quite by accident.

Come to think of it though...I've never looked for another site since...why would i want to...when all i need is here!!

Thanks for all your comments on my photos. and your encouragement as I'm not a professional and just enjoy the activity.

Take care
Mel
theresa 16 2
1 Aug 2004 3:01PM
Mel, there are other sites like this one. I found www.photoforum.ru the other day. Might join. Theresa
db 17 35
1 Aug 2004 4:29PM
Mel have a look at www.globalphotosite.org which at the moment has a membership of just over 400 people from all over the world.

Dave
1 Aug 2004 5:13PM
Why would anyone want anything else Wink??
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
1 Aug 2004 6:04PM
There are of course others, but last time I gave a link outside this site trying to help someone, I got my legs smacked, told I was always sending people off this site. So I'd better not! It's ok for others to do so, but I'm not allowed.

Frank
theresa 16 2
1 Aug 2004 6:42PM
Mel, the work that I've seen at Photoforum is superb. Well worth a look.
sugarbird 16 223 South Africa
2 Aug 2004 4:02AM
It is worth a look, some stunning work there!
Jill
sugarbird 16 223 South Africa
2 Aug 2004 4:03AM
But, I am very loyal to ephotozine, though also would like others to gauge my shots occasionally!
FrankThomas 18 2.8k United Kingdom
2 Aug 2004 8:48AM
I use photo.net and also photosig.com in addition to this one but ePz is my main source of info
nikon5700ite 17 1.8k
2 Aug 2004 9:15AM
I see nobody has mentioned www.dpreview.com which as well as reviews and details of most digital cameras in production and out of production it has a huge forum.

A forum depends on the members and the messages they send.

Another one which I hate becuase it has over 2000 members and is oh SO SLOW, I do not have ADSL, is www.passionforpixels.com based in Australia with an international membership. It had 700 when I joined and reasonably quick with downloading. Still worth a visit to run with ePz. Variety is the spice of life.

Then there is Become a Profesional Photographer at MSN .... but MSN is very slow these days too.
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
2 Aug 2004 10:14AM
Frank (abwhitt) Your reply to my original "leg slapping" email was fine so I have no problem. Sorry if it came across as though I was leg slapping...as I mentioned at the time it was a number of things that had come up, no harm intendedSmile.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
2 Aug 2004 10:22AM
" no harm intendedSmile."

None taken! Wink
Frank
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2004 7:43PM
The old Compuserve forum is still there at WWW.phototalk.com, though it will probably change soon, to go.compuserve.com/photography.
A friendly place with a wealth of experience, though it doesn't do personal portfolios, only gallery uploads.

Photosig (www.photosig.com) is good for serious critique, and the portfolio management is imho much better than Epz, plus you can have larger file sizes. There is some excellent quality work.
A possible downside is that Psig forums tend to the rude and crude, even puerile, althogh some threads do bring out real expertise. Also the site has a category for erotica, and you may see some things you'd rather not. Its not really family viewing.

So I wouldn't suggest anyone leave any site for another - each has its strengths. Epz is the one that is easiest to join and use, and safest to recommend for the family computer.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.