Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Anyone heard of dialaphone?

flossie 18 1.6k
21 Nov 2005 6:05AM
Just ordered a mobile phone (Samsung E350 on O2) for my daughter from dialaphonepp.co.uk.
I've been buying online for years without any problems but as soon as I clicked to confirm this I had some doubts.
There's no phone number which I usually always look for, and they haven't replied to my e-mail (although it did say allow 72 hours and I sent it Friday)
The site layout seems a bit funny, some of the text is missing as though it's too big for the line. I thought it was just my monitor but I'm wondering now if it's a ploy and there are hidden conditions that I haven't been able to see.
Could someone else have a quick look ...just see if all the writing is clear on a different screen
It's a pay as you go phone that was 30 cheaper than buying locally, will saving that 30 end up costing me more? with pay as you go can they make it so that you have to spend so much per month?
I read the terms and conditions which all seemed ok, maybe I'm worrying for nothing.
ngeeves 18 118 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 6:15AM
The web pages look ok here but no phone number as you say that would put me off straight away

Nick
sabretalon 17 1.9k United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 6:40AM
They used to do lots of deals for students, not heard anything really bad about them.

The links they give only show a mail and email address but they probably don't give out phone numbers due to the number of people calling them up for adding credit to the phone or a network problem, which is not their fault but the network provider.

They are reasonably sized and do run regular ads (can't remember if they had a phone number on those?)

As to the spend per month, some network providers do have tariffs on the payg, o2 have a choice of tariffs. The thing to look for is what o2 offer on tariffs. They do offer an online one, which is not advertised, offers you 300 free txt per month each time you top up with 10 or more.

You should be OK, the 72 hours will be classed as standard business hours which still class as Mon-Fri.
sabretalon 17 1.9k United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 7:00AM
Shows how long a go it was when I heard about them, looks like things have changed a little?

Review

Worth remembering that all you are doing is buying the phone, so provided you actually get it and it is in good condition then deal with either o2 or Samsung direct.
wirralmark 16 19 England
21 Nov 2005 9:01AM
I have bought contract phones from them 3 times ( for various family members) with no problems whatsoever. I haven't bought pay-as-u-go phones from them so can't be sure about that side of their business.they are one of the biggest mobile phone providers and have been in existence for many years. Hope things work out for you.

Mark
pfheyes 17 254 1 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 10:17AM
The name rings a major bell with me (sorry!). I had one of their sales reps ring me up, telling me that, because I was a valid BT customer, I would receive a free mobile phone. However, there would be some insurance I would have to pay to be eligible for the phone. Needless to say, the conversation ended there.

I contacted BT after this to see if this was a genuine deal. Of course it wasn't, and BT never heard of it.

It could be the actions of one sales rep rather than company policy, but it's still very very dodgy.

Pete
adamburton 17 627 11 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 10:25AM
I have a contract phone from dial-a-phone. No problems at all and I keep getting 20 cashbacks every time I recommend somebody. They are fine, go for it.

Adam.
Simon_Whitehouse 17 769 5 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 11:15AM
I've had a contract with this company for the past 18 months. Started off with 500 anytime, anynetwork minutes with half price line rental for 12.50/month. The 12 months was up last Sept, so I rang em up and thrashed our a new deal. A new nokia 6630, 500 minutes as above plus 80 txts per month for 15/month. Can't fault em!
flossie 18 1.6k
21 Nov 2005 12:49PM
Thanks very much everyone, very reassuring to hear they are actually an established company and not someone with a load of dodgy gear who set up a website just to get the christmas shoppers (well you never know!)
Some mixed reviews on the contracts, but as I'm getting pay as you go they hopefully won't affect me.
Thanks again you guys for the input, very helpful indeed
raziel_uk 17 4.9k
21 Nov 2005 11:19PM

Quote:from dialaphonepp.co.uk...There's no phone number...

Does seem a bit daft to call yourself "Dialaphone" when you don't give out a phone number!

Ashley
Carabosse 18 41.7k 270 England
22 Nov 2005 2:53AM
There's an 0800 number here.
flossie 18 1.6k
22 Nov 2005 9:02AM
Thanks CB, I'll make a note of that
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
22 Nov 2005 9:18AM
There is also an address and 0870 phone number on their contacts page.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.