ADVERTISEMENT
Shop Amazon's Best Sellers in Camera & Photo

Anyone Like to play Guitar

StrayCat 19 19.1k 3 Canada
6 Jul 2017 4:05AM
bluesandtwos 13 544 1 England
6 Jul 2017 8:30AM
Thanks, upside was great musicSmile, downside I've now realised the only realistic place for my guitar and harmonica is in the bin!Sad

Dave
Ross_D 9 841 1 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2017 3:09PM
Great guitar playing..................I've been playing guitar for around 10 yrs and will never get anywhere near that level (it's the barre chords that get me !!). That said I find it very relaxing.

Like the way he changes between using a pick and fingerpicking !!
6 Jul 2017 3:52PM
Played the guitar for about 20 years. Eventually sold my last guitar a few years ago and would like to get another but the dog is terrified of them.
petebfrance 11 3.2k France
6 Jul 2017 4:40PM
Nice, thanks. I don't often use a plec. and wondered where to keep it when not in use - now I knowWink Interesting that a couple of times he retuned the G-string - either he was changing the tuning or the machine-head couldn't stand up to the work-out he was giving the poor thing.

Having been a guitar-nerd I wonder what make the guitar is - looks to have a great action, but of course that could just be great playing! I've recently gone back to the guitar after quite a few years (various problems etc.) so that was really great to watch. Don't be put off by the guy's playing, folks, think of the possibilitiesSmile (and impossibilitiesSad)
6 Jul 2017 10:50PM
I believe that the guitars he plays are Maton Guitars made in Australia. My husband has one. We have seen him playing at Sheffield a few years ago. It's worth scrolling down from the first link to the video of him playing with John Jorgen son and Pedro Javier, a brilliant version of" Sultans of Swing"
Fma7 7 1.1k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2017 10:58PM
Was going to tum mine into a table and then realised that no matter how bad I am it's still better than watching soap operas.
petebfrance 11 3.2k France
6 Jul 2017 11:46PM
Sylviwhalley
many thanks. Nice version and the Maton guitars look and sound brilliant. One day maybeWink
7 Jul 2017 2:52AM
He's one of those guitarists who is almost like a trickster, he does things that seem impossible. We gave our son, now 43, a Fender Stratocaster, Stevie Ray Vaughan Custom, first one in Canada, for his 15th birthday. He was doing great in his teens, but hasn't touched it since; he's like me, he's going to get back to it, but there always seems to be something in the way.

Here is one of my favorite series of music videos on youtube; Jo Pass and Roy Clark, with Joe's rhythm section, playing tributes to country music legend Hank Williams. Joe was doped to the hilt with pain killers for this session because he was dying of cancer. He died shortly after this session was made. These guys, every one of them, is a master. You don't have to be a country fan to appreciate the skills of these guys. Joe was one of the best ever jazz guitarists, and Roy is a country guitar wizard. To hear them together is a real treat. I sometimes try to play along, give it a try, the music is not complicated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9tt8Mt9Sbo&index=2&list=PL66AFF5CF1FA5AF44 Take the links to the right and listen to all of them, enjoy.

Be sure and watch this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlTZrxWN7gA&index=7&list=PL66AFF5CF1FA5AF44
Cephus 18 2.7k England
7 Jul 2017 5:57PM
gcarth 18 4.3k 1 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2017 10:03PM

Quote:Joe was one of the best ever jazz guitarists
He was indeed. He seemed to have great technical ability along with a great melodic feel.
I play electric guitar - a semi-acoustic and a solid - and just play in my own style. I'm not very good at chords but do try to throw a few in because they really do help to support single note lines (which are what I'm best at).
8 Jul 2017 12:32AM

Quote:I'm not very good at chords but do try to throw a few in because they really do help to support single note lines (which are what I'm best at).

Joe plays more chords in a song than I have in my chord manual.Tongue

Quote:Michael Angelo Batio

Amazing!
Fma7 7 1.1k United Kingdom
8 Jul 2017 10:48AM

Quote:Joe plays more chords in a song than I have in my chord manual.

There are more than three chords??

thewilliam2 5 1.6k United Kingdom
8 Jul 2017 12:13PM

Quote:
Quote:Joe plays more chords in a song than I have in my chord manual.

There are more than three chords??

Somebody has been listening to too much Status Quo!
kodachrome 11 782
8 Jul 2017 1:16PM
I help run a guitar club. and some times play a few instrumentals ( 3 usually as a guest ) with a local Rock n Roll band, Venturers, Shadows, Spotnicks, Duane Eddy that kind of stuff, I doubt you younger guys have heard of them,

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.