Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Anyone used ShutterPoint.com to sell photos?

zoolander 17 2
28 Apr 2004 4:27PM
Hello dear photographers,

I came across ShutterPoint -
www.shutterpoint.com what they do looks very appealing to me, but before I pay them my membership fee, I'd like to learn if anyone here have any experience with them.

Thanks!
Zoolander
redseven 17 30
28 Apr 2004 4:55PM
lol
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
28 Apr 2004 5:45PM
Zoolander, pay nothing. If they think they can sell photo's then they'll make their money that way and not by fleecing you up front.
Just checked them out, boy will they take anything.
pj.morley 18 947 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2004 10:58PM
latent light ask for a fee of 79.00 and a 1.00 admin fee for every photo accepted, however, I've been led to believe that they have a good reputation. their site certainly looks reputable and they advertise constantly in the photography mags.... Don't know anything about Shutterpoint though...

Does anyone have experience with Latent Light as I'm at the oint of signing up with them?
loweskid 20 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2004 11:17PM
I've just been having a look at shutterpoint and chose three images at random. Every time I clicked on 'actual pixels fragment preview' or 'download comp' I got an 'internal error' message, so I can't view the images larger than the thumbnails. If I was a picture buyer I wouldn't be too impressed with this! I would be a bit wary of signing up with any outfit that asks for a fee - if the pictures are good enough and their marketing strategy is good then they shouldn't need to. Look at alamy.com, they don't charge anything.

Not sure about Latent Light though - don't they offer prints as well?
zoolander 17 2
29 Apr 2004 8:20PM
Hmmm, I've tried the same thing with the images, it worked for me...

Anyway, paying Latent Light 79.00 and a 1.00 admin fee for each photo is nuts, I have no idea how they find people willing to do that. Shutterpoint wants just 7 USD for 6 months for 50MB - BIG difference!!!

Alamy may be worth a try though. I don't really like that they market everything as their own brand, a photographer would not use a site like that to promote him/herself.

Thank you everyone!
Z.
kingseany 17 84
4 Aug 2004 10:00AM
I've just been looking at this site too, has anyone joined AND sold anything with them yet?
andytvcams 19 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2004 10:11AM
I was with them,but i never sold a thing.
dclarke5 18 147 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2004 10:47AM
Well if you haven't sold anything through them Andy then I would imagine that nobody would stand a chance.
14 Oct 2004 6:14PM
I've joined the Shutterpoint since July 2004 and have sold 2 images so far making a net profit of $68. Not too bad for an amateur I suppose. The membership is arounf $9.00 for 50 Mb and if you are active in the sites and rate other people's work, you will received a 3 months free renewal of the membership. Best of luck. cheers

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.