Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

anything good to see in Dundee?

30 Sep 2004 10:20PM
hi guys going to dundee on mon tues of next week anyone have any ideas of places to visit pic opportunities etc ? Smile i have a very varied intrest in photography so anything goes also im not able to drive so anything close or bus trip would be good thanks in advance stuart
randomrubble 16 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2004 10:29PM
Top of the Law Hill for a view, The DCA arts centre, the Science centre for architecture. the view up the tay from riverside drive beyond the railway bridge at sunset (actually since your from rainy Glasgow just seeing then sun will be nice...) bus trip to St Andrews is possibly a good one.

And of course Tannadice Park home of Dundee United.
1 Oct 2004 9:58AM
There are some fine old buildings in the city centre and Discovery (Scott's ship) is well worth seeing - it's down near the leisure centre on the river just a short walk from the city centre. A good visitor centre, access to the ship, and decent enough views of it from outside mean you should be able to get some interesting shots. There's an early warship in the harbour too, name escapes me, that's worth seeing if you're into ships. I agree with the above post, it's worth a walk up the Law and a bus trip to St Andrew's
randomrubble 16 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
1 Oct 2004 10:11AM
The warship is the frigate Unicorn, but it's in a bit of a state, no masts, been used as a floating venue, so it's not very photogenic, one for the entusiasts only I think.
wgfarquhar 16 473
1 Oct 2004 10:24AM
Crocodile Dundee!
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
1 Oct 2004 10:50AM
Dundee Cake?
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
1 Oct 2004 11:30AM
Beats Cheesecake! LOL
EnglishRose 16 271 United Kingdom
1 Oct 2004 11:33AM
Not my favourite place to be honest with you, but Discovery is about the best that I can think of - better to head south to EdinburghWink
1 Oct 2004 5:48PM
thanks for the replies guys have taken a note and hope to see a few things when im there wasnt sure about the frigate will have a look and decide yep dundees not my fav place but hey ho my pal stays there so thought i would have a look and as for seeing sun that i hope for not been much here lately Sad go to edin a load hoggle so thats for another day prob friday next week what to do with yer free time witha week off lol thanks again stuart
2 Oct 2004 5:43PM
Well, there's a meet planned for late October if you want to join us in Edinburgh - look under the Member's meetings page.

Laura
7 Oct 2004 12:12AM
thanks guys just back had a good time seen loads put 1st pic up tonight and laura will try to get to the edin meet will let you know ok stuart
7 Oct 2004 3:02PM
It would be great to see you in Edinburgh Stuart. So far we are standing at 3.

Laura

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.