30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

apple iphone se v the rest

is the iphone se the best on the market at that price range or do samsung or sony come close to beating it
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
8 Aug 2017 4:37PM
Samsung Galaxy S8 seems to be the "reviewers choice" as top smartphone at present.
Mike_Smith Plus
13 774 2 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2017 4:41PM
I have the Apple I phone SE, very nice phone. Fingerprint recognition, 12MP camera etc does for me
ChrisV 14 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2017 4:47PM

Quote:Samsung Galaxy S8 seems to be the "reviewers choice" as top smartphone at present.

That's more or less the same price point as the iPhone 7 - a lot more than the SE.

I think it probably comes down to whether or not you like iOS or Android; I'm in the former camp. There are pluses and minuses to each system.
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
9 Aug 2017 6:11AM
I had an iphone SE and returned it and got an iphone 6s because I found texting on that tiny keyboard almost impossible. No offense to anybody, but I find Android a piece of cake compared to ios. I suppose if I used it more I might find it a bit easier, but it is so drawn out compared to Android. I switched to iphone 3 times over the past couple of years, and went back to LG twice. I'm now tempted to sell my 6s and go back again. Even with using my ipad daily, I still find it just not user friendly.
sausage Plus
16 703 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2017 8:28AM
One thing about the Galaxy 8 is you can switch the camera to manual mode.
banehawi Plus
17 2.5k 4247 Canada
9 Aug 2017 3:25PM
At that price point there is no competition. All other suggested alternatives cost more.
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2017 9:10AM
I have just bought another mobile phone. I have been using a Nokia Lumia 925 Windows phone for the last couple of years but have been disappointed at the limited range of apps available. I refuse to pay the premium prices for iPhones or Galaxy so I finished up buying an Honor 9 (Android) which is made by Hauwei. I was little cautious at first but as I get used to it I am finding it an outstanding purchase. One issue I find is the camera is not that good in low light situations but I can work around that, but for half the cost of a Galaxy or iPhone is a steal.
12 Aug 2017 6:03AM
The Hauwei phones are becoming well known here in Canada and the US in the past year, mainly due to a very active advertising campaign. They get a good name for reliability. They should re-name the company though.WinkGrin
banehawi Plus
17 2.5k 4247 Canada
15 Aug 2017 3:17PM
Much of Canada's cell network is provided by Huawei equipment. They have been notorious for including spyware in their code, and have to have a third party review and approve all software before its allowed to be deployed under the direction of the Gov of Canada. Probably par for the course for Chinese companies.
16 Aug 2017 6:44PM
There you go Collywobbles, all you have to do now is figure out how to use that spyware.Wink
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2017 8:31AM

Quote:There you go Collywobbles, all you have to do now is figure out how to use that spyware.

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
19 Aug 2017 1:47PM
I'm using the Galaxy S8+ having used the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy S4 before that. The S4 and iPhone SE are very similar spec cameras, but from experience the S4 isn't too great at night, but then neither was the Galaxy Note 4, additionallyI wouldn't recommend someone buy an S4 now, a bit slow and has terrible Samsung bloatwear killing half the built in memory.
I kept my Galaxy S4 as a back up phone and now use it as a dedicated interface for my DJI Osmo, with very little else installed.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.