Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

APS film to PC

Tony_M 12 342 England
10 Dec 2004 5:28AM
I'm looking for cost-effective ways to convert an unprocessed APS film to jpeg files. I use my little take-anywhere Canon IXUS for snap shots, like country walks or at a recent company function, so I'm not expecting any great quality.

The cost of processing is usually quite high, so to add transfer to CD will surely cost even more. I do not have a flatbed scanner, else I would probably just scan the prints. I do have a film scanner (Minolta DualscanIV), but I'm not sure I can justify buying the APS adaptor (79 from epz shop).

Can anyone recommend a processing lab that can provide CDs with prints, or even CD-only?

Thanks for any advice,
Tony

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tony_M 12 342 England
10 Dec 2004 5:33AM
I've found a CD-only service (4.99/40exp) at Photo Shop Online Has anyone used their services before? Looks like it is linked to Fuji, so should be ok?

Tony
conrad 12 10.9k 116
10 Dec 2004 6:07AM
I have my APS films developed only, not printed. I bought a used APS film scanner on eBay. So I put the developed film in the scanner, walk away, and check the result when the scans are ready. I can then throw away any scans I don't like, and next I upload all the scans I do like to an on line processing service, or I do some post processing first.

Conrad
Ricardo 11 7
20 Mar 2005 9:04AM
Some/most/all Snappy Snaps will develop and scan to CD for around 7 including an index print - 020 8741 7474
conrad 12 10.9k 116
20 Mar 2005 11:42AM
In the meantime I have put my dedicated APS film scanner (Kodak) up for sale (since I'm getting ready to purchase a DSLR). It costs less than the APS adaptor, so maybe that's a solution...

Conrad

Edit: See the classifieds...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.