Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Are you a One Trick Photographer?

Strobe 14 1.3k United States
1 May 2008 2:18PM
my dog ran away before I was able to shoot it, so sorry folks I am outta tricks.
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
1 May 2008 2:24PM

Quote:My dog ran away before I was able to shoot it

If I were you I would leave that sort of thing to the Vet.
They use an injection rather than shooting the poor thing.

Wink
mark2uk 15 1.1k 8 England
1 May 2008 2:26PM
My trick is that I can make a great image appear dull and flat........Sad
I use this one a lot !
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
1 May 2008 2:29PM
My trick is similar to Les Dawson's piano playing.
He was a very accomplished player, but he played badly on purpose to get laughs.

Just like my photography...

Wink
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
1 May 2008 3:06PM

Quote:I wouldn't call the London eye a power station, Houses of parliament maybe

true Luis, it's a Wind Power station with all guff and hot air floating around in there!

I guess the thread's on about what you photograph and how you do your photography.

Are you happy to do pretty much the same thing in the same style every time you go out (which is good, cause if you're getting consistent results, why change it), or are you into diversity and pushing the boundaries and learning new styles ?
Strobe 14 1.3k United States
1 May 2008 3:14PM

Quote:or are you into diversity and pushing the boundaries and learning new styles ?

To my wife's horror I made a wood bracket which goes across our cars roof bars, then another for my camera, cable tied everything together. I then drove around with the camera on the roof and took photo's using a cable release through the window, looked like something out of National Lampoon's Vacation but; hey I had fun.
miptog 15 3.6k 65 United Kingdom
1 May 2008 3:20PM
Don't think it really matters. Each to their own. However most photographers are striving to improve their photography, and do new things.
fauxtography 16 6.6k 36
1 May 2008 3:40PM
I once tricked someone into thinking I was a photographer, does that count? Smile
looboss 14 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
1 May 2008 3:45PM

Quote:My trick is similar to Les Dawson's piano playing.
He was a very accomplished player, but he played badly on purpose to get laughs.

Just like my photography...

HAHA! that's a laugh LOL
looboss 14 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
1 May 2008 3:47PM

Quote:Quote:I wouldn't call the London eye a power station, Houses of parliament maybetrue Luis, it's a Wind Power station with all guff and hot air floating around in there!

I guess the thread's on about what you photograph and how you do your photography.

Are you happy to do pretty much the same thing in the same style every time you go out (which is good, cause if you're getting consistent results, why change it), or are you into diversity and pushing the boundaries and learning new styles ?

I guess that is the trouble with me, I try and do everything and little if anything comes out perfect, maybe I should try this one trick pony malarkey
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
1 May 2008 3:57PM

Quote:Don't think it really matters.

That can true of everything - even life it self Smile
1 May 2008 4:47PM

Quote:QuoteGrinon't think it really matters.That can true of everything - even life it self

Depends on the context Wink
starliz 17 1.6k 3 England
1 May 2008 4:57PM
ah well that depends on who is going to care about you in 100 years time Wink
1 May 2008 4:58PM

Quote:Ah well that depends on who is going to care about you in 100 years time

Why 100 years !?
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
1 May 2008 5:30PM
I'm full of tricks - but photography's not one of them.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.