Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Are you a One Trick Photographer?

keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2011 12:40PM
all the great photographers are - according to Roger Hicks Smile
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
6 Apr 2011 1:15PM
I guess a lot of people hire a photographer for their "look" - though you can vary the subject and stilll keep that look going, or have a few different "branches" to the outfit.

Maybe become a 2 or even 3 trick pony Smile
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.3k 58 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2011 4:47PM
You know i was just thinking this last night, i'm delevoping a big scatter gun portfolio of things i get to try out, but sometimes the themes clash and credibility in one area (OK maybe not yet but soon) will be damaged by unrelated endevours in another area.

Some writers will write under other names to try out ideas - maybe photographers should too? (but not on epz and this is wrong, anti T&C's).

Its like building a brand, Jaguar cars are fast but this is hidden, they are marketed for luxury and this brand image is preserved.
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
7 Apr 2011 12:43AM
was talking about this today - I'm shooting at a charity dinner to raise funds for the blind and deaf kids in Leeds (smashy and nicey moment!) and my band was mentioned as the entertainment for after the speeches...

someone then added that if the band screws up (which it has never done yet) it may tarnish the old mcfade brand thingy... wasn't entirely convineced, I can put a wig on and wear shades after all Smile
7 Apr 2011 9:57PM
Is this your card ? Wink
fraser 17 631 14 Scotland
7 Apr 2011 10:08PM
Don't think so, I'll have a go at most things although I don't tackle people very often (these days anyway - I used to do a lot of candids) and the thought of doing nudes scares the bejasus out of me.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.