Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Are you going out more, and taking more photos?

20 May 2020 8:29AM
Now that there is a more relaxed "lockdown" in the UK, are you going out more? Are you taking more photos again?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
6 4.2k 2 United Kingdom
20 May 2020 8:40AM
Never stopped, it is just within walking distance of our house.
That hasn't changed greatly with easing of 'lockdown' restrictions.
Luckily we live in a nice location and enjoy a few different walking routes so will not be travelling anywhere simply for a day out.

And why?

While I think it is not unsafe the social infrastructure is not open/in place to support days out just yet.
Chrism8 13 945 27 England
20 May 2020 8:54AM
Not yet, hope to get some time at the local nature reserve this afternoon, I had been quite busy photography wise when the lockdown started back at the end of march with still life subjects then started to run out of idea's / inspiration.
dark_lord Plus
16 2.5k 663 England
20 May 2020 11:25AM
No, but then I go through quiet periods now and then anyway and I don't want to repeat shots I've taken in the past when there's little difference.
I intended to look locally more this year in any case and even without lockdown there are the local lanes which were never busy just on the doorstep. A local feild that is overgrown should be good for insects but the last couple of years haven't been that fruitful/
sherlob Plus
14 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
20 May 2020 12:12PM
I probably took more images during lockdown than I do normally, the difference was the subject. I focused on local nature - often trying my hand at macro. On the whole it was a good learning opportunity. On the downside, as I am working from home, I feel less inclined to process the images taken as I feel I am spending too much time already in front of the computer screen.

I had hoped to visit some landscape settings once the restrictions were eased, but it was clear the advice regarding visiting some areas was still to "please still away". That said, landscape photography is often undertaken at hours when such settings are quiet and yesterday evening I did opt to combine my daily exercise with a landscape shoot in New Brighton. It was lovely to out, however there were as many folk there as any other time I have visited in the past. That said, it was easy to maintain social distancing, still I might leave evening landscape shoots for a while longer.

mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
20 May 2020 2:14PM
I kind of took a break from photography during lock-down. Sometimes its good to give creativity and inspiration a rest for a bit, and it just seemed a good opportunity to 'unplug' from the picture making for a bit and recharge.

When the travel restrictions were starting to lift, I thought that it would be like the flood gates opening - but not really. I have done a couple of shoots, but it been much more relaxed than expected - more easing myself back into the swing of things as it were.
Dave_Canon Plus
13 1.7k United Kingdom
20 May 2020 7:07PM
No. I would like to go to Wales when it re-opens but glad I did not go to Somerset or Devon having seen the news. I did take a couple of snaps today in the local park with my iPhone.

Dave
wsh Plus
2 34 United Kingdom
20 May 2020 10:18PM
There is still a lockdown, like it or not.
The plague has not just vanished overnight simply because the government want to save the economy.
They are, in fact, sticking the economic crisis over public health.
So, I, for one, will stick to the previous advice. I will not go out more than is necessary, and I advise everybody else to do the same unless you really want to spread the virus, catch the virus, and eventually die from the virus.
altitude50 15 18.3k United Kingdom
21 May 2020 12:24AM
It seems very obvious to me that the risks of getting in contact with this virus are still very real and obvious. I took my car along the seafront at about 11 this morning to charge the battery, I was surprised to find that the car parks were busy and the roads were buzzing with cars, classic cars, cyclists and a group of motorcycles, not quite as busy as a summer bank holiday, but much busier than a normal sunny weekday.
I understand that some of the local snack outlets must have been happy to be serving food and drink but none of the public toilets were open.
The council are rumoured to be opening them in the next few days, how they are going to manage the hygiene issues I have no idea.
I do not say this lightly, generally, wait for the rebound in infections. I hope I am wrong.
The 'help the NHS' campaign seems for these 'holidaymakers' to have been completely overlooked.
Oh! And I did stop in a quiet spot and took about 5 quick photos.
sausage Plus
15 647 United Kingdom
21 May 2020 8:29AM
I too have been taking more photos over the last few weeks. Mostly flower macros and multi stacking which for some reason I never did before. We live in a small village in Oxfordshire so I've been able to get out on my daily exercise walks with the camera.
24044_1590046160.jpg
Chrism8 13 945 27 England
21 May 2020 8:34AM
Superbly shot and produced image Smile
Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
21 May 2020 2:08PM
This thread had inspired me to go out and take some photos - just putting on the telephoto as we "speak".Wink
Jestertheclown 11 8.2k 252 England
21 May 2020 2:19PM
I haven't stopped taking photos at all.

As I've previously posted in a couple of threads, I'm in the "at risk" category but because of where I live, I've been able to go out more often and for way longer than the previously prescribed "hour," since this lockdown began.

Depending upon to whom you choose to listen, this virus isn't actually that easy to catch; although I think I've had it and in almost every case, it's not especially dangerous.

It'll be interesting to see how infections rise again (or otherwise) when, as is inevitable, places start to open and we return to something like normality.

Edit: I've digressed a bit there.

Please don't turn this into yet another political campaign/government bashing thread.

mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
21 May 2020 7:59PM

Quote:No. I would like to go to Wales when it re-opens but glad I did not go to Somerset or Devon having seen the news. I did take a couple of snaps today in the local park with my iPhone.

Avoid going out in the middle of the day - and avoid the usual tourist traps. It would seem there are lots of people being silly.

However from my experience so far, its been surprisingly quiet in the evenings around sunset.
Fma7 5 1.1k United Kingdom
21 May 2020 8:27PM

Quote:So, I, for one, will stick to the previous advice. I will not go out more than is necessary, and I advise everybody else to do the same unless you really want to spread the virus, catch the virus, and eventually die from the virus.

Very few people die from the virus.

At what point will you go out?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.