Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Create amazing landscapes with LandscapePro. Use discount code EPZMES

ASUS IPS Monitor Image Processing

bledzo 5 83 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2012 7:47PM
I am considering purchasing a ASUS PA238Q monitor primarily for image processing, occasional movie viewing and possible gaming.

Does anyone on this site have first hand knowledge of this monitor ? or could suggest alternatives bearing in mind I would like a cost ceiling of 200.

I have already done a search on "google" but would appreciate any views from forum members Smile

Joe

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit 8 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2012 10:57PM
Choosing a screen is certainly very difficult with loads of options and reviews to go through.
I don't know the ASUS but I have the Dell U2412 which costs about 220 on Amazon and am very happy with it - it is highly adjustable and has good viewing angles. I bought it because it got very good comments from, among others, a couple of professional retouchers who go onto a couple of photo websites.
If that is a bit rich the Dell U2310 is about 150.
robs 14 678 2 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2012 1:17AM
I am running a pair of them on my desktop - really rather impressive for the money.

I had a HUGE monitor previously (28") which was rather expensive... prefer these ones. Really nice image quality and certainly good value for money.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.