Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Aurora 19 - HELP !!

Ingymon 4 1 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2019 6:51AM
Hi
I have recently installed Aurora 2019 as a plug in to Lightroom Classic CC and have tried to process a number of bracketed photos. Photos have been imported first into Lightroom Classic CC and converted to DNG files. I then export them into Aurora and process them before hitting 'Apply' at which point they are meant to be imported back into Lightroom as a high resolution TIFF file. My problem is the file simply vanishes at this point!!! Any help/advice very much appreciated.
Clive

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rhody 17 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2019 9:37AM
Might be worth checking if Aurora 2019 supports DNG files. See if it works on a Jpeg version of your DNG images.
seahawk 12 1.3k United Kingdom
9 Mar 2019 10:23AM
Yes it supports DNG files. I have no problem with Aurora and the re-importing of the HDR file. I suggest you check your settings in Lightroom's Export section (under File menu) make sure that 'Add to this catalogue' is ticked.
Tianshi_angie 4 2.7k England
9 Mar 2019 12:03PM
And I would also check that Lightroom Classic is also functioning properly as since the 2019 update I have had continual problems with transferring files to and from Lightroom. I cannot, for instance, transfer any files from Lightroom to PS CC unless both have been opened in Admin mode.
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
9 Mar 2019 12:21PM
I have used many different HDR products though not Auroa. Of the many I have tried, I have not found anything better than Lightroom Classic itself. However, I am sure you have reasons for using Aurora. Could it be that the HDR files are written to disk but not imported to Lightroom. While this worked fine with some of the HDR software, I found that Oloneo did not automatically import the final image. This just means an extra step to Import to Lightroom.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.