Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Autumn lake district meet

timwilson 16 181 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2005 1:22PM
Well... as you probably gathered, I didn't make it, but glad you lot had a good day, and hopefully catch you all at the next one!

Tim
Nick_Hilton 16 599 2 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2005 1:48PM
Thanks all for a good day.Its a shame it took me 5 hrs to get home and only 2 to get there! Never mind nice to be able to put more names to faces!

Nick
Melanie_M 16 168 9 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2005 2:13PM
Good to meet you all.
Looks like there were a few more hold ups on the way home for some of you.
Hope you all had a good time, as my niece once told me: Mel, if it didn't rain, there'd be no lakes.'
IanBW 16 65 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2005 3:30AM
It was a very good day, thanks to all of you for making it such fun, good to meet you all.

I was on the M6 when the accident happened and managed to jump off the motorway and divert through Preston and rejoin after Ormskirk to miss the queue. Added about an hour to the journey but it sounds like I got off lightly.

Ian
arnieg 17 704 England
10 Oct 2005 3:42AM
glad everyone manged to get passed the accident ok
getting home safely is more important than time it takes
hope every one had a good day apart from the weather
and it was brilliant to meet so many eziners in one go
arnie
MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
10 Oct 2005 3:48AM
Great to put a few faces to names yesterday, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks Arnie for organising things, pity about the weather but then, that's the lakes for you.
Got some decent shots which I am now tidying up.

I think we must have got on the motorway just after the accident had happened so the queue had not reached J36. Took us probably an extra half hour to get home so did not spoil the day.

Thanks again Arnie, we'll see you again some time no doubt.

Malcolm
User_Removed 17 1.4k United Kingdom
10 Oct 2005 7:29AM
It sounds as though I left at the right time.. How was Coniston? Did the weather manage to pick back up for you?

As Arnie says... its best you all got home safe and sound...

Craig Smile
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
11 Oct 2005 12:00PM
Hi all, just back this evening - I stayed and did the whole of the Lakes on Monday (well it felt like it), then off to see the folks up the 'Pool and just home now, first upload done, hope you like it.

As most have said, it was really lovely to meet so many like minded people and a great day out had by all (knees and other things permitting!) So thanks Arnie for organising (and being my personal chauffeur), hope to make another one in the not too distant future, and I'll be watching the gallery intently over the next few days

Cheers all

Stephen
shutter speed 16 370 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2005 2:17PM
Hi folks great to have met you all.
A super day spent in wonderful company.
Also a big thank you to Arnie for getting this meet up and running.

Was the traffic jam on the M6 Due to the Epz's all trying to get home?

All the best
Ian. :o)
TeresaH 16 1.1k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2005 1:25AM
I've uploaded a group shot this morning. Perhaps you can just view the picture and tell me where you are in the picture as I have no idea, too many names and faces to remember!

Arnie has asked me to write a report of the day and much as I have tried to get out of it, he won't let me!

Thanks
Teresa.
owp 16 168
17 Oct 2005 1:07AM
Good morning all! . . . Mon 17/10 a.m . . .just got back to work . . . we had a really wet week so those who dared the weather on Sunday 09/10 did'nt miss much . . . .

This is the 1st chance to log in and catch up with things . . .

Must say thanks to Arnie for arranging things [and the weather Sad ] . . . Nice to put some names to faces, and sorry to all the folk at the meet and those I did'nt get to talk to . . . for packing it in early! . . the call of a hot meal and a glass of red was stronger than the erge to shoot more rain drops SmileLOL

Not yet had a look at the uploads? . . but I'll get there!

I eventually took some 200 shots during the week, and would have sold my soul for a bit of sunlight . . . . I may post one or two when I've sifted the dross . . .

Regards Mike.W

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.