Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Background supports at Aldi - Sun 25th Jan

loweskid 15 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 2:16PM
Aldi have the extension supports on sale again from this coming Sunday (25th). I bought a couple of these when they were last on sale - make very useful background supports, among other things.

Extension support rods

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

yellowduke 8 303 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 2:30PM
That looks useful. I shall get my brother to nip into his local store for me. For the price it won't matter if it sits in the shed for a year!
User_Removed 12 17.9k 8 Norway
23 Jan 2009 3:10PM
I bought a couple of these at the last showing in Aldi a couple of years ago - excellent and highly recommended.
DCW 9 39 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 3:14PM
I can't quite see from the picture how they can support a backdrop. Could someone explain? It might be very useful as I'm looking for a cheap backdrop support right now.

Thanks
Dave
yellowduke 8 303 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 3:20PM
This extends between floor and ceiling and you tension it so it is effectively wedged between the two. Run a pole between two of them to hang a backdrop.
DCW 9 39 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 3:26PM
Great, that sounds quite good for sure. Think I'll invest!
kaybee 12 4.9k 25 Scotland
23 Jan 2009 7:00PM
They look even easier to use than the ones I bought last year (having the trigger system) ................ and cheaper too.

I don't bother with a pole. Just stick the material between the top of the pole and the roof - the tension holds it in place (and stops any possability of marking the roof).

The dust sheets on offer at just over a fiver also make a good cheep backdrop (and are bigger than many commercial ones)
leeroe 14 231 England
26 Jan 2009 11:23AM
Fantastic !!, after seeing this thread, I went out and bought two of them on Sunday, the build quality is awesome for a relatively inexpensive item, and they are so sinple to use.
Just need to find a supplier of cheap green screen fabric now so I can play at being George Lucas with my new HD cam,

Thanks for the tip
Lee
dark_lord Plus
12 1.8k 338 England
26 Jan 2009 1:07PM
Yeah, I went and got a couple too. Tried them and they work very well. Thanks for the heads up.
Keith
RobW 12 57 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2009 1:25PM
wonder if they have any left...... would save me blue-taking (or masking taping) my wallpaper backdrops to the wall

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.